I can't breathe

Unedited

A/N: sorry I haven't been updating much. Please don't be mad :) I will try to update more frequently now as I'm over my rough patch and will definitely be writing more.. I'm also thinking of writing a new fanfiction so... Stay tuned . Anywho onwards we go my wayward sons.

"Y/n would you like to go out with me.... On a date?"

Oh my....God. He was asking you out... C/n was stood before you in all his glory, asking you out on a date.

You felt the vines deep inside your organs start to grow, tangle and wind; they stretched out tracing along every individual vein. Fanning out over your body, tracing every inch and prickling your senses. As they wound around your lungs tightening with every beat of your heart you felt your breath being trapped by the roots unable to escape leaving you suffocating inside your own body; drowning in the thorns.

You couldn't breathe..

"Y/n ? Are you okay you're looking slightly pink" worry was seeping into his voice like the vines were seeping into your veins. You wanted to nod, to shake your head, to talk.. To breathe but you were frozen and in no state to attempt anything.

"Are your breathing?!?" He panicked, seeing your muscles start to quiver beneath your skin, he stepped forward to be closer to you; to be able to catch you if needed. The concern swimming in his e/c eyes tore through the tangles in your soul allowing you to take a Sharp intake of breath..

The air burning yet soothing you all at once, overwhelming your senses. "Now I can"

"Did I take your breath away?" His lips twitched upwards into a smirk but his eyes still clutched onto worry as they roamed over you. "I guess so"

Really you knew. The first time you saw him seeds were spread throughout your blood and your body especially your lungs. The more you fell in love with him the more they started to grow and the moment you knew he felt the same, they blossomed. Their bursts of colour lighting up your soul, turning the boring world of black and white into a world of joy and possibilities.

The wind changed and so did your thoughts. You looked over at him, he was rolling onto the balls of his feet and then leaning back forward before repeating the process. The wind grabbed his hair and gave it light tugs as it whipped around him, his cheeks freshly slapped by winters hand were a nervous pink. His lips a breathtaking red, from his teeth taking them in his grip and giving them a gentle bite, or running his tongue over them and handing them over to the harshness of the wind.

His eyes were glazed over, protecting the pools of color from the chills as he stared at you. Him taking in every detail of your existence, from the way you stood, to how your face changed when you were deep in thought; often it would scrunch itself up as you racked through your brain. But at other times it was clear, blank and relaxed. As you floated through the coils of your mind..

He loved how your eyes held onto an innocence as they looked around you, sparks deep in the colour lighting a fire inside him; warming him from the cold. "So was that a yes?" He was nervous now, you had taken your time to answer so he figured you were running over a heartfelt apology or excuse as to why you had to bail..

"Of course it's a yes"

He grinned.

"Well then, shall we? " he held out his arm and you hooked yours with his.

Some couples wore matching shirts or jumpers... You two however wore matching grins an had the same matching flowers in your heart and as they blossomed so did your love, the vines tangling with each other bringing you two closer and closer together.