5: New Friend Group

Monday morning...

Lunch time and the five of them, Wonyoung, Yujin, Sunghoon, Jungwoon and Sanghyuk are sitting in one table. All of them are silent and are just staring at each other, as they don't have any idea of how do they start a conversation. In short, they are awkward with each other. They are already in their second year as seniors and it is pretty embarrassing to be at this state.

"I guess we should skip introductories because we all know each other right?"

Everyone nodded, responding to Sanhyuk's question.

"I bet you four had been in a class in some of your years in high school but why do you all look like you have seen each other for the first time."

Sanghyuk complained.

"Fine, let's just eat our lunch then."

Just then, the group started eating their meals. Sanghyuk made effort and would throw random questions to others just to keep the atmosphere alive.

"Oh right, were you all classmates from the start of high school?"

Sanghyuk asked, curios.

"Yeah."

Sunghoon answered.

"But you guys are stuck with each others' comfort friend and the other students misinterpreted it."

Sanghyuk commented.

After they finished eating lunch, they left the cafeteria. All eyes were on them as students can't believe that Wonyoung and Yujin has ate lunch with some boys.

"Sanghyuk, let's go play ball. Yujin, you and Wonyoung can watch if you want to."

Sunghoon invited.

"Dude, I was planning to go to the library."

Sanghyuk replied.

"How about you too? You guys can watch them play."

He added.

"I'm going to the library, I have to finish something."

Wonyoung stated.

"How about you Yujin?"

Jungwoon asked.

"We are not even a day yet and you guys are making me choose already."

Yujin sighed, she glanced at Wonyoung and saw her glaring at her. She nodded getting the message that her friend conveyed.

"Fine, I'll go with Sanghyuk and Jungwoon."

Wonyoung was surprised with her friend's choice. She was totally scammed as she was expecting a different answer. Yujin gave her a wink before they left to where the basketball court is.

"Let's go?"

Sanghyuk smiled before he started walking towards the library building.

. . . .

Wonyoung is currently reading a book, sitting on her usual spot which was originally Sanhyuk's . Sanghyuk had not said a single word to her ever since they left the cafeteria. He is also busy reading a book, sitting across her.

"You could have said that you don't want me here earlier, I can understand."

Sanghyuk said out of nowhere breaking the silence between them. Wonyoung knew that he was talking to her even though he was busy reading his book.

"I never showed that I don't like your company."

Wonyoung replied.

"Then why did you gave Yujin a glare earlier?"

"If you hate me or this friend group you can just say it, I won't force you to be in it."

Wonyoung felt guilty, it is the first time that someone except Yujin to be this blunt to her. She's frozen and she can't think of any response to him. She can't even look at Sanghyuk who's waiting for her to answer.

"If you're uncomfortable, I can leave. I'll go and look for a different comfortable spot to read.

Sanghyuk was about to stand when Wonyoung stopped him.

"Don't leave. I really didn't mean it that way. The glare was because she was teasing me. "

Wonyoung said in a low voice.

Sanghyuk smiled, he knew that she has a soft side of her that others were not able to discover as they were fed with superficial knowledge.

"Oh right, have you finished the book that I recommendedto you last friday?"

Wonyoung nodded.

"Woah, you read all of it over the weekend?"

"Yeah, I had nothing else to do last weekend so I decided to just finish the entire book.

"How was it?"

Sanghyuk asked.

"Not gonna lie, it was actually good. The number of plot twists in the story are plenty and it was actually making the story good."

"I told you it is good."

Sanghyuk smiled making her smile too.

"I just remembered. Yujin said  that you two have childhood friends and would often hangout during weekends. Did you guys not hangout last weekend?"

"Yes we have a friend group which consisted of our childhood friends. They are much older than us and Yujin and me are treated as the babies of the group."

"They were not there last weekend because they were busy. All of them are in a university now which is why they only have busy schedules."

"Ohhh."

Sanghyuk was expecting for the conversation to die there but he was taken by surprise when Wonyoung asked about his weekend.

"How about you? What did you do last weekend?"

Wonyoung unknowingly closed the book that she was reading.

"I originally planned to just study or sleep the whole weekend but Jungwoon and Sunghoon came to my house and dragged me to the mall."

"They didn't have a plan but they decided to spend our time on playing on the arcade."

Sanghyuk glanced at Wonyoung who's currently invested at his story. He can't help but appreciate at how beautiful she is and how cute her expressions are.

"Oh right, have you been to an arcade before?"

Wonyoung shook her head, earning a not so surprised reaction from Sanghyuk.

"Us five can go there sometimes. This coming weekend would be idle if everyone is free and then we can go to arcade to play games."

Sanghyuk's face glowed which means thay he felt excited saying that.

Wonyoung is also excited at the thought but her excitement was cut short after remembering that her parents are strict and would probably prohibit her from going out.

He noticed the change in her facial expression and strikes him to know what the reason is. But then, he stopped himself from doing so as he thinks that it is good to worry about her but he should limit himself to avoid her from feeling uncomfortable.