9: Friendship Goals

Everyone is anxious of what their first term examination results will be. Students are waiting until the results are posted on the school bulletin board which explains the huge crowd gathering around it. Everyone seemed curious not only of their marks but also to know who will take the top place as the new student looks promising.

While other students are having a commission, the group are currently in the school park just chilling around. Wonyoung is reading a book while Sanghyuk is sketching something on his sketch notebook.

"Why are you two so calm right now? It is just the first exam but my nerves are killing me! "

Jungwoon sais as he was pacing back in fort worrying of the results.

"Why do you even ask? They are the ones who ace quizzes and activities in our classes of course that will also be the case for term exams."

Sungwoon answered.

Yujin came over to check what was Sanhyuk was sketching and what she saw did not surprise her.

"I did not know that you can draw and you are good at it as well. "

Sanghyuk was surprised to see her and did his best to hid the work  but he was already caught.

"Don't even try hiding it you are already caught in the act."

Sanghyuk grinned.

"You've been doing this for a while now?"

"Yeah don't tell it to anyone. I'm planning to give this as a birthday present."

"Ohhh, I'm sure she'll like it. But her birthday has already passed. You know that right?"

"Yeah, I'm planning to complete all pages until next year and give it to her then."

"That's some kind of dedication right there. I hope you won't get bored."

"Yeah, I hope so too."

Unbeknownst to this, Wonyoung overheard what they were talking about a present and is curios to know to whom it may be.

"What birthday present?"

Yujin and Sanghyuk froze in place. They were lucky enough to snap back before Wonyoung was able to grab the sketch book.

"It's nothing Wony."

Yujin gave the sketch to Sanghyuk, keeping it a secret from her.

"There's definitely something."

"It's nothing don't worry about it too much."

They were then cut off by Jungwoon who they did not even notice leaving.

"Guys the results are here! Let's go and check it out."

Everyone went to the bulletin board, where Jungwoln forced his way in to the crowed to take a look at the rankings.

"Check the bottom first."

Sunghoon said.

"I see nothing, I'll check that top ten."

Jungwoon started from the bottom and saw his name on it, clinching the tenth spot.

"What? I'm top ten!"

"Comgrats! Let's celebrate later, move on."

Sunghoon shouted from the back.

Two spots above him is Sunghoon having a two point difference from the person below him.

"Sunghoon, you're in seventh."

"Ohh okay."

"What about me?"

Yujin asked.

"Let's see."

Then up next he saw Yujin clinching the fifth place which will then leave Sanghyuk and Wonyoung the only ones left.

"You placed fifth."

"Improvement from last year I guess?"

Yujin chuckled.

"What?"

Jungwoon exclaimed.

"I did not know that it would be possible!"

He continued.

"Why? What's wrong?"

His friends asked.

He then squeezed his way out of the crowed and dragged them to where they were staying earlier.

"What was Sanghyuk and Wonyoung's ranking?"

Sunghoon asked.

"They were tied in the first place."

As expected, all of them were also surprised as it did not happen for the past years they have been enrolled in the school.

"You guys are surprised too right? Apparently both of them got 100 marks which is why they are tied in the top rank."

Jungwoon continued.

Sanghyuk looked at Wonyoung and saw something different after knowing the ranks.

"Why does she looks worried? Will she get scolded by her parents because I tied with her in the top rank?"

A wild thought crossed in Sanhyuk's mind.

"Friendship goals!"

Yujin cheered, causing Sanghyuk to snap back from his deep thinking.

Wonyoung gave her friend a questionable look yearning for an explanation of some sorts.

"You know your smart but you're really slow on these things."

Yujin commented.

Wonyoung threw the booklet she was holding whom the latter dodged before throwing a silly emote on her.

"Friendship goals, because we all made it to top ten! Isn't that great?"

Yujin explained.

"Oh right, it is also my first time in the top ten. My parents would be glad."

Jungwoon agreed.

"Will they give you back your computer?"

Sunghoon asked.

"Maybe, if this will become consistent it won't be impossible."

Jungwoon smiled.

"Then let's make it happen, plus it'll make a good reputation from our families. That we're having friends that are not being bad influences to our studies."

Sanghyuk stated.

Wonyoung then saw Sanghyuk nodding his head while looking at her. As if he knew what she was thinking earlier. It somehow made her feel at ease as she was worried of the fact that after years someone actually tied up with her in the rankings.

Her parents, specially her mom wants her to be on top like she's always in a competition or something. And knowing her mom's connections, she probably already knew about this and she's expecting an earful from her when she gets home.

"What are you guys doing later? Do you guys want to celebrate?"

Jungwoon asked.

"That sounds like a good idea. I want to go to a karaoke place. I have never been to one."

Yujin replied.

The three boys looked at her in disbelief.

"18 years of existence and you haven't stepped foot inside a karaoke place?"

Jungwoon scoffed.

Yujin nodded innocently.

"That includes Wonyoung right?"

Sanghyuk asked.

"Yeah, oh right let's go Wony I'll talk to aunt and uncle later."

Yujin crossed her arms to Wonyoung as she winked. Wonyoung was about to talk when Yujin shush her and began walking towards main gate dragging her along.

"I'm so dead."

Wonyoung thought.