7: Truth or Truth

"I know what happened."

Sunghoon said which earned the eyes of his friends.

"Tell us what happened!"

Jungwoon exclaimed.

"Hey, that's against the rules. Let's wait for him to get chosen first before he answers that."

Wonyoung complained.

"She's right, let's wait for his turn."

Sanghyuk backed up.

Jungwoon immediately clicked the wheel and wished for Sunghoon to get chosen. But his wish turned to dust when the pointer stopped on his name.

"I guess we'll really wait for his turn."

He sighed.

The wheel was spun again and it landed to Yujin which means that she'll be the one asking questions.

"Hmm, is there anything I am curious about you?"

Yujin joked , Jungwoon tried his best to get along with it but Sanhyuk's keen eyes are too good to notice.

"I'm just kidding okay? Well, come to think of it. You're the friendliest person among all the class but why haven't you approached Wonyoung or me?"

Yujin asked taking a bite on the chips she just took.

"Because you two are scary.".

Jungwoon replied.

"Why do you say so?"

"I'll answer that question later if you happen to be the next one to ask me."

Jungwoon smiled playfully earning a glare from her.

The game went on, Sunghoon was quite lucky as the pointer would either stop before his name or after his name. Sanghyuk is eager to know the reason why but he doesn't want to appear desperate. He waited patiently, answering questions that was asked to him.

"Sunghoon! Finally!"

Jungwoon said.

Jungwoon did not even bother to roll the wheel to choose the person who will ask the question and just looked at Sunghoon on waiting for him to speak up.

"Okay okay, I think I won't go home alive if I don't speak up about it."

Sunghoon chuckled.

"The reason why everyone started avoiding Wonyoung because someone has started a rumor about her and her parents."

Sunghoon said.

"There was a rumor like that?"

Yujin asked.

"Yeah, it spread so fast that it did not take a week for the whole school to know."

"I don't know why you two have no idea about it tho."

Sunghoon added.

"Do you know that exact detail of the rumor? Or not?"

Jungwoon asked, curious.

"I only know a portion of it, Doyoung told me about the rumor."

Sunghoon replied.

"What did he say?"

Sunghoon looked at Jungwoon who asked, then to Wonyoung who looked ready to listen and the other two who's just as ready as the girl who was involved in the rumor.

"The rumor said that there's this one student who happened to be an old classmate of Wonyoung in grade school."

"She testified that Wonyoung is only kind in the beginning. That she never really care for her friends that are those who are not on par with her."

"She also claimed that she was once Wonyoung's friend and she found out about all this because she's the victim. She said that Wonyoung humiliated her during those times and even calling her a person who loves with support fund."

Sunghoon narrated.

Sanghyuk glanced at Wonyoung and noticed the change on her expression.

"Does she know about it?"

Sanghyuk thought.

"I guess that's enough, it's not real anyway right?"

"Let us instead play another game, I'm sure you guys have something in mind."

Sanghyuk said, trying to shift the atmosphere.

"Instead of games, why don't we talk about our hobbies and likes you know? I'm pretty sure that it won't be that boring."

Yujin suggested.

"Since you suggested it, let's start with you!"

Jungwoon said.

"Fine"

Yujin grunted.

Wonyoung noticed Sanhyuk's small gesture of diverting the subject to another and is thanking him for that. She knew about thay rumor and it still hurts her up to this day and she can't do anything about it a part of it is true.

"Part of it is true, my parents are rich and they have the power to influence any school. But the claims of me abusing it was all a lie. I have never treated someone badly in my life."

Wonyoung felt a tear escaping from her eyes so she excused herself to go to the restroom.

"I'll go to the restroom."

Wonyoung stood up and left.

"Okay let's start with Yujin!"

The three went on and started sharing their hobbies, likes and anything about them. They continued on even after Wonyoung arrived back from the restroom.

After staying there and talking for almost two hours, they came to an agreement to leave and call it a day. Everyone exchanged contact information as what would friends normally do. The three boys watched Wonyoung and Yujin leave as they were fetched by Wonyoung's family driver. They then walked to their bus stops and rode their bus to their houses.

"Didn't think that it would turn out great."

Sanghyuk thought as he looked over the bus window.

He opened his phone and saw Wonyoung's contanct information opened up. I guess he didn't closed it earlier when they were exchanging contacts. An idea popped in his mind which he then did without hesitations.

"Wonyoung! I guess the rumor must've hurt you back then and I hope you have healed from it. Your trust must have been broken and I understand that you will need time to put your trust on us. I hope our friendship last for a long time!"

Wonyoung just finish washing herself and plopped herself in her bed. She took her phone and saw Sanhyuk's message. It somehow made her smile and felt light hearted.

"Thank you, I hope so too."

She replied.

Both thought that the conversation will end their but it did not. They talked for hours even past their usual bedtime. What they talked about was nothing more than just ordinary things. Sanghyuk felt joy, Wonyoung felt comfort and happiness. Wonyoung was thankful, that a random boy would suddenly offer to be in a friend group with her. A random boy who has the courage to know her, despite what other people says about her.