18: Face To Face

Wonyoung is currently inside her car and she's worried that Sanghyuk might get the wrong idea of her as she has not updated her ever since she left her house. She can't even look at the time because her phone is dead, she forgot to charge its battery earlier.

"Mr. Choi?"

She called.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Can I charge my phone here? The battery is dead and I have to inform my friend about it."

She asked.

"Yes ma'am you can, let me just set it up for you."

Mr. Choi stopped the car and started setting up in that way Wonyoung's phone can be charged.

"Thank you, Mr. Choi."

"You're welcome Ms."

Wonyoung waited for at least five minutes for her phone turn back on. She's expecting of a missed call or a follow up message from Sanghyuk but she did not receive any. Worried about him waiting alone in the cold, she tried dialing up his number.

"Hello?"

She said once the call was answered.

"Hello Wonyoung, are you on your way?"

Sanghyuk askes.

"Yes, I am. I'm sorry if I am late, I had to do something earlier at home. I also forgot to charge my phone and the battery was dead ever since I left."

Wonyoung said, feeling sorry.

"Really? I brought a powerbank so you can resume charging when you arrive."

"I am really sorry again, I'll be there in about 2 minutes."

"It's fine, take care."

"Thank you!"

Wonyoung hanged up the call and saw Mr. Choi looking at her. She saw that he was smiling like a proud father to her daughter and she has no idea why.

"How much more minutes Mr. Choi?"

She asked.

"2 minutes ma'am."

"Ohh okay."

"It seems like you're excited Ms."

Mr. Choi pointed out.

"Really? Maybe I just want to get out of the house that's why."

Wonyoung smiled.

Two minutes later, they arrived at the park where Sanghyuk was waiting. From a far, she already saw him sitting on a bench wearing the clothes she bought for him. She's not denying that Sanghyuk is really good looking, it's just that he does not care of what he looks like as long as he's comfortable. But this time, he's well suited like he came out from a drama or something.

Wonyoung got out of the car and saw Sanghyuk up close.

"Hi~"

She waved her hand.

"I'm sorry again."

"It's fine."

Sanghyuk smiled.

"So where do you want to go?"

Sanghyuk asked.

"I don't know, you know that I don't know any places in the city other than libraries right?"

Wonyoung replied.

"Ohh right, well we have places that we can go like the tourist spots. But.."

"But?"

"But I bet you'll be easily tired."

Sanghyuk chuckled.

"Hey! I may look like this but I am not weak."

Wonyoung slapped his arm, denying his claim.

"Alright, alright. Have you been to a amusement park before?"

He asked.

"Of course I did, now your asking even more stupid questions."

She hit him again, Sanghyuk just chuckled at how cute Wonyoung looks whenever she's pent up. He's enjoying this moment right now and he doesn't want to stop.

"Let's go to lotte world then."

Sanghyuk smiled.

"Really?"

Wonyoungs's eyes lit up, like a child who was given with a lollipop.

"Yeah, I had a feeling that you missed being in an amusement park."

Sanghyuk said.

"Thank you!!"

Wonyoung hugged him out of excitement, Sanghyuk stood frozen unable to think of what he should do. He waited for her to let go and tried his best to hide his blush before he start talking.

"Let's go, so we have a lot of time to work with."

Sanghyuk said.

He was surprised at himself that he did not stutter even tho Wonyoung was literal hugging him. He let Wonyoung walk first  in that way she won't be seeing his melted state as his feet shrivelled from the romantic excitement that he felt.

"Calm down, calm down."

He placed his hand on his chest, carefully caressing it in hopes of calming down his heart. Once done, he smiled relieving that single moment before running to catch up to her.

"Oh right, I forgot to ask you when was the last time you went to an amusement park?"

"Before I became I senior. "

He answered.

"Really? And that was not so long ago. Why did you stopped?"

She asked.

"Time constraints."

"Oh right, we have slight adjustment on our schedule when we became seniors."

Wonyoung said.

The two stopped at the bus stop. Beside them are high school seniors like them. But the difference is that the people beside them are a couple and the two of them are not. Both of them noticed this, Sanghyuk pretended that he did not see anything while Wonyoung just looked at them.

"Stop looking at them, they might think you're weird."

Sanghyuk whispered.

Just then the bus arrived.

"Let's go."

Sanghyuk lets her hop on the bus first before  him. They then went to a vacant seat where the two of them sat together.

"Why would they think I am weird?"

Wonyoung asked.

Sanghyuk turned to her and was mentally shocked by the distance between them. He tried his best to stay focus and maintain a relaxed face but Wonyoung's face up close is making him crazy.

"I forgot about this."

He thought.

"Ahem."

He cleared his throat and smoothy turned his head towards the front.

"What dis you ask again?"

"Why was I weird?"

She repeated.

"Well, you were looking at them like you're judging them and on top of that, they don't know you."

Sanghyuk replied.

He's calm outside but them inside his mind is on its threshold. If Wonyoung would do something that will make him flutter then he won't be able to conceal it.

"Really?

Sanghyuk nodded as reply.

Wonyoung then became quiet and Sanghyuk sighed in relief. His heart and mind has been given the opportunity to calm down or cool down even as it was heating up earlier.