21: Closer

It's January and everyone just came back from the long vacation. They all have different stories in store that are to be told to their friends.

Sanghyuk is currently reading at their usual spot, spending the rest of their lunch break. Jungwoon who just got back from the rest room noticed the quiet atmosphere around his friends.

"What's going on here, why are you all so quiet?"

He asked.

Wonyoung is also reading, Yujin is busy with something and Sunghoon is sleeping.

"Do you want me to read out loud?"

Sanghyuk asked.

"That's not what I meant."

Jungwoon creased his forehead.

The two then heard someone giggle, they immediately glanced to where they heard it and they saw Wonyoung.

"Hmm?"

Wonyoung looked up, giving them an innocent look like nothing happened.

"Did you giggled? It's not even funny why?"

Jungwoon asked.

"What do you mean? I laughed at what I am reading right now."

Wonyoung said in defense.

Sanghyuk took a glance at the book that she was reading and saw that it was the book he recommended after she asked.

"Did you just laugh on a thriller novel? You're scary."

Sanghyuk said.

"W-well, I laughed at the culprit because he's kins of dumb."

She reasoned out.

Sanghyuk just smiled at her alibi and decides not to ponder her anymore.

"Why what's wrong?"

Sunghoon woke up from his nap.

"Jungwoon here is complaining because we're so quiet."

Sanghyuk chuckled.

"What? That's not what I meant, that's completely made up I swear."

Sunghoon just looked at his friend before glancing to everyone else. He then sighed and closed his eyes again, going back to sleep.

"Did he just ignored me?"

Jungwoon asked.

"Yeah."

Sanghyuk chuckled.

Wonyoung then glanced over to Sunghoon then back to the book that she was reading. While this all happened, Yujin was silently watching prettending she was busy on her phone.

"What's this? Something must've happened during vacation, it's rare to see Wonyoung acting this strange."

Yujin thought.

"I guess I'm going to squeeze something out from her later."

She smirked.

. . . .

The class ended and the group went home early, so their parents won't be mad at them. As usual, the three boys went to ride a bus home while the two girls were fetched with Wonyoung's driver.

In the car, Yujin has been looking at Wonyoung who's doing something in her phone. Wonyoung felt that her friend has been watching her for a long time and hasn't said anything, so she decided to confront her.

"What? You're doing that again."

Wonyoung said.

"I have a question."