26: Not So Sleep Over

The food is here, and their small celebration has finally started Jungwoon opted for a simple one as he did not invite other people other than his friends and his family.

"Happy Birthday Jungwoon!"

Everyone greeted, they all gave some small speeches giving him compliments and wishes.

Jungwoon being the clown, started faking a cry to get his friends. They all crowded him and that's the queue where he was supposed to surprised them but he was the one that was surprised when Yujin gave him a hug out of nowhere.

"Thank you for being you."

She whispered to him, making him cry for real.

"What's this hug for Yujin? You're making me fall again."

Jungwoon thought.

"Okay enough with the drama kids, you guys should start eating before the food becomes cold."

Jungwoon's mom said.

They did what they told to and gathered on the table and started munching on their food. They had some small talks as they are having their dinner with mostly pressuring Sanghyuk to reveal what he's been doing for the past weeks.

"Let's sing karaoke, I think I saw a karaoke set here."

Yujin said.

"Oh, yes there is. Let's sing later after dinner."

Jungwoon agreed.

After they finished dinner, Jungwoon immediately went to set up the karaoke which Sunghoon and Sanghyuk helped him with. A couple of minutes later, the group started putting in songs for them to sing. After they had their turns, Jungwoon decided to put in all songs they knew and holds one microphone for himself.

. . . .

Midnight falls and all of them got tired having fun all night. Well most of them fell asleep already, except for Sanghyuk and Wonyoung. Sanghyuk is currently outside lying down on the grass field watching the stars twinkle in the night sky.

Wonyoung sat up from her bed and glanced towards Yujin who is sleeping soundly. She stood up and went towards the window and saw someone lying on the grassfield. Curious, she went down to check who it is considering she's not yet sleepy too.

Getting closer she soon realized it was Sanghyuk whom she thought that has not notice her yet.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

She heard him ask when she was about to leave.

"I am not."

"Come on Wony, it's too obvious to even lie about it."

Sanghyuk sat up.

Wonyoung lowered her head.

"Come sit with, are you shy around me when we talked for hours even forgetting that we have a trip to go to?"

He chuckled.

"I'm not shy, it's just that everything is new to me."

Wonyoung said.

"Well, same for me. But that doesn't mean I will just hide behind my comfort zone."

"You may think that I have some kind of experience but to be honest with you I don't."

"I'm just doing what my mind and heart says to me."

Sanghyuk lied down.

Wonyoung nodded, she glanced at Sanghyuk and saw him looking up above which she followed and saw the beauty of the night sky.

"Lie down so you won't strain your neck."

Wonyoung did as she was asked too.

Sanghyuk glanced at her and saw her eyes filled with awe.

"It's even better than looking at images, I've been to a lot of places when I was young but this is far more beautiful than I ever imagined."

Wonyoung said.

"Better than the pictures that you can search up in the internet right?"

Sanghyuk chuckled.

Wonyoung smiled, nodding to his question.

The two became quiet as they observed the starts twinkle above them.

"Sanghyuk."

Wonyoung called, breaking the silence.

"Yes? I'm listening."

He replied.

"Are you true to everything that you have been giving or doing to me?"

Wonyoung asked.

"Of course, I don't want to be two faced to anyone. And I hope that everyone is like that to me too."

"Why do you ask?"

He looked at her.

"Because I'm starting to feel something for you."

Sanghyuk's eyes lit up, surprised at her sudden confession.

"So you're saying that-"

"Yes, Sanghyuk. I'm starting to like you and I don't want to stop but-"

"It doesn't matter how long I am going to wait Wony. I'll be happy to wait, I promise."

He took her hand a held up their pinkies doing a pinky promise.

Both smiled and the look in their eyes brings a new bond different from what they had before. The two continued there moment, talking about everything about themself, deepening the current relationship that they have.

. . . .

Sanghyuk woke up with a numb left hand, he glanced to it and saw Wonyoung up close. He felt his cheeks warming up and he closed his eyes to relax. Once relaxed he opened his eyes again and is awed of Wonyoung's sleeping face.

He looked at his watch and is still early but they might get caught by someone so he decided to wake her up to move her to her room.

"Wony."

He nudged her.

It took him a couple more times before she finally reacted. She slowly opened her eyes and was welcome by Sanghyuk's face upclose but it she doesn't seem like to mind it.

"You should transfer back to your room, so you can sleep more comfortably."

He chuckled.

Wonyoung who is still shaken up did not really notice that his face was up close.  She just slowly stood up as she was supported bh Sanghyuk.

"You're still half asleep."

He muttered.

"Huh?"

She turned towards him half asleep.

" Nothing, let's go to your room so you can go back to sleep."

Sanghyuk chuckled.

He ushered her back to her room, and hoped that Yujin is still fast asleep and will not wake up which luckily she did while he tucks Wonyoung to her bed. He observed how she gripped her blanket like a baby prompting a smile on his face before leaving.

Suddenly, he felt the tiredness in his body. He slowly went back outside to fold the mat but his drowsiness overcame him sending him back to sleep.