59: Power Couple

Timeskip (Next Academic Year)

Time flew so fast, right now Sanghyuk is waiting in line for his application for clinical internship. With all the necessary papers needed to be accepted all ready, he wanted to challenge himself and apply as an exchange intern abroad. They will be submitting their portfolios to the Dean's office where they will also be assessed for their clinical internship.

"Next!"

One of the faculty called.

Sanghyuk stood up and went inside the office.

"Mr. Kang!"

The Dean greeted gladly.

"Good morning, Mrs. Park."

Sanghyuk greeted.

"Come and sit down Mr. Kang, let's talk about where do you want to have your intership."

Mrs. Park smiled.

Recap...

Sanghyuk being placed in Block A wasn't a surprise at all. It's only right for the top student of the University to be in the first block. Everyone who are in the same block as him were happy, specially the girls knowing that he's now single. During their first period, everyone took photos or him they all turned out great even Sanghyuk even looked better than the previous years. Something was different from him, he wasn't the Sanghyuk that loves to smile.

Sanghyuk gets to class early and leaves right away after dismissal, giving no room for talks with other students other than group related works. He did not have an ounce of care for his popularity to plummet and just carried on with his life. But instead of plummeting, the opposite happened. Brought by how mysterious and silent he become, it became like that for the rest of the semester.

He crosssed paths with Wonyoung, Yujin and Jungwoom once. But he pretended like he never saw them and walked passed them without turning back. Sunghoon was there too and they looked alright, they looked like their previous self. It's like they did not lost a friend from something they did horribly. Good thing that he's already on his way back to his home, because it made him cry again. Remembering how he got played by the people he trusted the most.

Being so quite, the student community is curious of how is his current love life now. They have also noticed that they do not see him with his friends anymore which is yet another topic that the gossipers are trying to uncover. Because of this, he can't even treat Haerin a meal which was already long overdue. He doesn't want her to be involved with his matters and receive a lot of hate from it.

"I'm really sorry Haerin. I can't treat you out for a meal. You know how people misinforms nowadays. I just don't want you to get hurt."

He told her through a message.

It was a good thing that Haerin accepted it without complains. She didn't want to force it, the fact that he kept in contact with her is still the best thing that keeps her heart flutter when he has completely isolated himself from everyone.

Present Time...

"Mr. Kang, I'm pretty sure that the hospital you chose will be more than thankful for you for choosing them."

Mrs. Park said.

"You should do your best, who knows you might get an opportunity once you're there."

She added.

"Thank you Mrs. Dean, I will do my best and do things accordingly on how the university has trained me so far."

Sanghyuk said.

"You're really good with your words. You should start preparing once you leave this office because once you're approved then you will only be given a day or two to prepare for you flight."