16: Stay

Lunch just finished and just as what they agreed to Yujin and Jungwoon excused themselves to talk. They went to a music room where they could have their privacy which was also what Jungwoon asked for.

"Talk, I want to know what happened to you or what did I do to be distant from me. "

Yujin said, she's serious judging from the tone of her voice.

"I like you."

Jungwoon confessed, straight to the point.

It was abrupt and sudden that it toon Yujin a minute to realize that her friend just confessed to her without him giving her any single warning. Her mouth is shut and she can't think of any words to respond to his confession.

"The reason why I acted so distant and childish for the past days was because I was bitter, I became bitter."

"I was bitter because I never had a chance to confess my feelings for you because of how long I waited just so I can find that so called right timing."

"That day was also the day that I finally ustered up my courage to finally confess to you. If it wasn't for Sanghyuk making me realize how much time I have wasted I would not have done it."

"But I guess I was too late, or did I ever had a chance at all."

Jungwoon chuckled, pain can be seen through his watery eyes.

"Since when?"

Jungwoon wants to read her facial expression but she's showing a blank one.

"Since 8th grade. I liked you since then, I disregarded it because I thought it was just a spur of the moment."

"But I guess I was wrong, I guess it wasn't a spur at all. It was pure attraction."

It then became silent, the awkwardness in the atmosphere started to creep in. Jungwoon didn't like it at all and wants to keep it from happening.

"Look, if you're not comfortable with me liking you. I undestand."

"I am not forcing you to accept what I am feeling and then pretend like nothing happened at all."

"If you want to, I can lea-"

"Don't"

Jungwoon was cut off by Yujin, he scanned her face and read a displeased emotion plastered in her face.

"Don't leave, stay. Please. "

Yujin looked at Jungwoon.

"Why?"

"Because it's stupid idea to leave just like that. You're just running away from the problem, if you're leaving then you did not take our friendship seriously at all."

"You were just here because you liked me now that you had confessed already you're proposing to distance yourself just like that."

Yujin's eyes were watery and this surprised Jungwoon. He was expecting for a heart felt rejection but instead he got this.

"Are you rejecting me or not?"

Jungwoon asked out of confusion.

"Of course I am, I was just pointing out how stupid your idea about leaving is."

"But why are you're eyes watery?"

"I am not crying!"

She raised her index finger pointing it out.

"Stay, we will both stay. I don't want you to distance yourself just because I don't like you as a person."

"I like you but only as my friend and friendships matters to me. If you leave just like that, I won't forgive you ever in my life."

She added.

"I will don't worry."

Jungwoon replied.

"But, promise me one thing."

"What is it?"

"That you're not going to cross the line that I will be drawing."

Jungwoon heart sank.

This was the rejection he was expecting and he wished that he should not have asked for it.

"I did not know that those simple words would hurt this much."

He thought.

He suddenly felt numb, his awareness slowly became not existent as he tried hard to conceal the pain.

"Jungwoon!"

Yujin called, snapping him back from his trance.

"I promise, don't worry about it . The only reason why I confessed because I don't want to hide anything from you."

"Especially when it can be a reason to shaken our friendship. At least I was honest."

He said.

"Thank you."

Yujin replied.

They then went out of the music room and went straight to there classroom. But Jungwoon let Yujin to go first as he wants to take a restroom break.

After going inside, he was met by Sunghoon and Sanghyuk waiting for him.

"You look okay, are you okay?"

Sunghoon asked.

"I wish I am."

Jungwoon replied, he then closed his eyes as streaks of tears ran down from it. Sanghyuk came closer to hug his friend, patted his back to give him comfort.

"What did she say?"

Sanghyuk asked.

"She said that she values our friendship and if I value it too, I should not cross over the line she has drawn."

Jungwoon said, washing his face.

"That's better than having nothing at all right? At the ast noe you only have to control yourself. It will be hard but I know that you can't do it because you can't stand Yujin crying right?"

Sanghyuk said.

"She almost cried earlier. After I told her that I will leave the group or stay away if it gets uncomfortable for her."

Jungwoon said.

"She values you , don't waste it. Did you really think that me and Sanhyuk would let you leave?"

Sunghoon asked.

"You and your nonsense ideas, let's go afternoon class starts soon."

Sanghyuk chuckled.

On their way to their classroom, Sanghyuk thought about his situation. He doesn't know what the outcome will be but he's not afraid to confess to Wonyoung.

Like what he said to Yujin, he won't leave even if Wonyoung rejects him. Because he originally wants to befriend her even if he's feelings did not exist.

His actions towards her are pure and a benefit of him being her friend, he's able to control himself to limit his actions to being as her friend.

But if he wants to take his chances, he needs to start crossing the line that is drawn and start doing something that would make her aware of her feelings.

"I don't know what the consequences will be, but I am ready for it."

He thought.