14: Bad Day, Best Buddy

"Come on, cry no one is watching you. "

Sanghyuk said, pushing his friend to vent his frustration inside the restroom.

"I can't even complain or even say anything because I am not in the position to do so."

Jungwoon said, streaks of tears still pouring down his face.

Sanghyuk can only hug his friend to comfort him as he has nothing to say about this. The situation, the timing and anything else did not match.

" It's not your fault, neither hers. Remember that friendship is still important and I know that Yujin cares for you even if it's just as her friend."

"Yesterday, she was constantly checking up on you."

"You might have not confessed to her but you still have a friendship that you need to take care of."

"Time heals Jungwoon, don't let selfishness and hatred consume you."

Sanghyuk said patting his friends back.

"Why are your words so comforting? How do you know this things?"

Jungwoon asked curious.

"They say that experience is the best teacher, and yes it is true. Sunghoon is my childhoods friend but I had other friends in my previous school."

"I will tell you my story in the future, but for now. Succumb to the pain first and heal, move on from your feelings towards Yujin and focus on the value of your friendship."

Sanghyuk continued.

After Jungwoon has subsided from crying, Sanghyul told him to wash his face to remove the mess that has formed.

" If they asked what happened to your eye, just reason out someting like you got dirt in your eyes and you tried removing it but ended up stabbing your eyes."

Sanghyuk said.

"How do you came up with this?"

Jungwoon chuckled.

"Simple, I am smart."

Jungwoon gave him a playful beating as they walked out the rest room.

"You narcissist."

The arrived at where they left for the restroom, Sanghyuk constantly checks up Jungwoon making sure that he's friend is okay.

"What happened to your eye?"

Yujin askes.

"Oh this? I got dirt on my eyes and tried washing it but I accidentally poked my eyeballs with my index finger."

Jungwoon chuckled.

Sanghyuk sighed in relief when the others believed his alibi. Sunghoon the gave back the stuff he asked him to carry but sneaks up a question to him first curious of what happened.

"Did he really stabbed his eye?"

Sunghoon asked.

"You bought that too? Of course he did not, let's go before anyone notices."

Sanghyuk chuckled.

"Okay now, where will we be going?"

Yujin asked.

"Let's grab something to eat first, I am hungry."

Wonyoung acted cute, surprising her friends.

"What the heck was that?"

Sanghyuk gasped.

"I nearly fainted, why did she even do that. I hope I am not blushing."

Sanghyuk thought.

. . . .

All through out the day, Jungwoon was silently hurting as he watched how inlove Yujin and Seungmin are. It's like the world is showing him what he missed after holding out for so damn long. But luckily, he has Sanghyuk who provides him distractions that worked all throughout

Lunch, Yujin's cheeky smile and obvious blushing whenever Seungmin does something out of ordinary.

"Oh gosh I'm starting to hate this."

Jungwoon whispered.

He looked up and saw Sanghyuk gesturing a smile on his face, which meant that he wants Jungwoon to play along and smile.

Sunghoon found it amusing that Sanghyuk was able to control on how to act professional even if it makes him uncomfortable or he's feeling unwell of the situation.

They left the mall and went to a park where they can rent bikes.

"Oh gosh not this one."

Jungwoon whispered.

Automatically, Yujin and Seungmin are in a couple bike while the three of them chose single bike for each one of them.

"Let's have a race dude!"

Sanghyuk said.

"I'm in."

Sunghoon said.

"What about me?"

Wonyoung said.

"What's with that face again!"

If only he can say that in front of her but he can't because that's a typical attitude for a boy in front of the person he likes. What comes out from his mouth is far different from what he's thinking.

"You can join us if you want, or you can third wheel there."

He pointed at Yujin and Seungmin enjoying their time.

"Gosh, I hate Yujin today."

Wonyoung complained.

"I'll take that as you coming with us. Come on it'll be fun."

Sanghyuk smiled.

The race started and Sanghyuk asked Sunghoon to let Jungwoon win so he can feel good for himself and would distract him from the sad thoughts that he's having for the day.

Sunghoon was in for it, he can't believe that Sanghyuk is doing it all just to make his friend happy. They have found a good buddy, that are willing to stick with them in bad times.

After the race ended, Sanghyuk saw how happy Jungwoon is and decided to come to Wonyoung to entertain her who was left behind riding at slow pace. He decreased his pace, not wanting her to be left alone or unnoticed.

"Did you had fun?"

He asked.

"No! You guys are so competitive!"

"Well boys do all things competitively if it's about games. But we still find moments or find ways to slid in some fun and hilarious scenarios in it."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

Sanghyuk saw Wonyoung's beautiful smile making the scene better.

"For approaching us, on becoming our friend."

"Gosh it's nothing, I am also happy for you to be my friend."

He replied.

"That even hurts more, when it comes from me."

He thought.

"Glad to hear that, I hope this friendship of ours last for eternity."

"Why not right? I mean, if we ever come to a scenario where we are forced to fight or has a misunderstanding. We can always fix it with communication right?"

Sanghyuk said.

"I guess so, talking it out is probably the best way to fix a problem."

Wonyoung replied.

"Also, we need to lower our prides and set aside our emotions so we can understand each others point of view or stand."

Sanghyuk added.

"I wish I had met you sooner."

Wonyoung thought.