52: Felt Different

1 Month Ago...

Sanghyuk cameback from summer vacation now as a third year student in his program, he is bound to have a lot of work in his load. He cameback from a refreshing summer vacation, spending it with his friends and his grandparents back in his hometown. He's waiting for Wonyoung, his girlfriend excited to see her after 2 months. They weren't able to meet as her family went abroad to spend their summer vacation.

A car stopped infront of the gate, I familiar person gets out from the car and he immediately knew who it was.

"Wony."

He called.

Wonyoung turned towards him, she smiled and went to him. They shared a hug, a quick one. Sanghyuk noticed that it was Wonyoung's mom who was with her in the car.

"Good morning Mrs. Jang."

Sanghyuk greeted.

Mrs. Jang just nodded her head before signalling the driver to leave the university premises.

"I missed you."

Sanghyuk said.

Wonyoung smiled.

Sanghyuk felt something was off immediately, ever since she got out of the car. He felt a different aura emitting from her. It seems like a different person was in front of him, who's walking with him right now. It was his first time not being able to recognise his girlfriend, emotionally.

"Sorry, I still have jet lag. Can I talk to you tomorrow?"

Wonyoung said, they were already in her unit's door.

"Okay, rest well."

Sanghyuk smiled, forcefully.

Wonyoung seemed to notice his uneasiness, so she did something to cheer him up.

"I'm sorry okay, I'm really tired today."

Wonyoung leaned in to kiss his lips.

"Good night."

She hugged him right after.

"Good night."

He said as the door closed in front of him.

Sanghyuk walked back to his unit, his mind was full of different questions that he wants to ask her but he can't right now. He has no idea what's happening but he's sure of one thing, Wonyoung changed and it's something that he never encountered before.

. . . .

Sanghyuk is in the library, from another person's point of view he is busy working. As the stack of books would explain it to others. Maybe a report or doing research but in reality it's just a person struggling to understand what could have happened between him and his girlfriend over the last two months.

"Did I said something that caused her to be distant?"

He thought , reviewing the messages they exchanged for the past 2 months. After thoroughly checking, he didn't saw anything that he said wrong which confused him even more. He sighed in defeat, unable to think of the real reason why Wonyoung suddenly changed.

"I thought you were doing something but you were just hiding behind these book castle while using your phone."

A girl's voice said.

Sanghyuk thought the voice was familiar, he looked up and saw Yunjin. She sat beside him, putting the books that she was carrying earlier on the table.

"Hello."

Sanghyuk waved his hand.

"I thought you're already working on your thesis. Even though the semester just started."