Safe : 19

Kaitlyn's POV

My first thought when I woke up, was: where am I and how did I get here?

I noticed a window. It was still dark outside. Looking around the room I saw a train wreak. There were socks, shirts, hoodies, papers, water glasses, a big box of gold fish and blankets. The blanket I am under smells farmiliar. The smell makes me feel safe for once in my life. I don't know why it makes me feel safe. I don't know where I am or how I got here, how could I feel safe? My eyes flick to the doornob as I see it turn slowly. Like the person on the other side doesn't want to alert me to their presence. The door slowly opens and I question why I am not hiding. The smell makes me feel confident and like nothing can hurt me. Then a pair of farmiliar eyes come into veiw.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." Roman appologized.

"I was already up. Is this your room?" I asked.

"Yeah.." Roman replied, grabbing his phone charger out of an outlet.

"Why am I in here?" I asked.

"There were a few creeps on the football team that found you asleep on the couch. I didn't think you would appreciate them messing with you." Roman replied simply.

"Oh, thanks." I thanked him.

"Mhm..." He hummed.

"I'll leave you to your room. Sorry." I told him getting up and dropping the comforter.

The crisp cold air hits my legs and I shiver. I go to walk past Roman out the door but I trip over the comforter right into Roman. He caught me and stared down into my bland eyes. Where his fingers touch my arms the skin burns. He let go of me and scratchs the back of his neck. The cold air hits me again and I shiver. Roman's eyes caught the shiver.

"You're cold. Take this." He told me, picking up the comforter and wrapping it around me.

"Thanks." I murmur.

He stepped aside and I walk out. He closed the door behind me and I hear him whisper-yelling at himself.

"You're cold take this?! Seriously?! That's all you could come up with? Her room is across the freaking hall!" Roman whisper-yelled at himself.

I felt a small smile spead over my face. I went to my room and changed into sweatpants and put a bra on. I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. Then I went down to the kitchen. I grabbed a piece of leftover pizza and put it in the microwave on a napkin. I ate it and then Roman came down.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked, sitting down on a bar stool.

"I don't know. Relax, eat food.... That's about it." I replied.

"Okay, I was going to invite some guys over... If you didn't mind." Roman stated.

"It's your house. You make the rules." I replied.

"Okay, thanks...." Roman trailed off and typed something on his phone.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?" He asked, looking up from his phone.

"Yeah, I had leftover pizza." I replied.

"Okay, good..." Roman trailed off again.

"Well, I'm going to go shower. I forgot to shower last night." Roman added, getting up and heading upstairs.

I heard the shower turn on and got up. He was acting weird this morning. Not to mention what I heard him whisper-yell at himself earlier. I grabbed the blanket on the couch and wrapped up in it, grabbing the remote and turning on Phineas and Ferb. Roman came out of the shower fifteen minutes later and rolled his eyes at the tv.

"What? You got a problem with Phineas and Ferb?" I teased.

"No, I was just thinking you should watch my favorite show with me." Roman replied, sitting on the couch next to me.

He picked up the remote and raised an eyebrow as if asking for permission to change the show.

"Sure, why not." I tole him.

He changed it to something called Monk and got up.

"You're not staying for the show?" I asked, dissapointed.

"I'm just getting pizza." Roman replied.

I nodded and turned back to the tv. The husband had blindfolded the wife and taken her into the garage, promising her an amazing surprise. He told her to take the blindfold off and hit her over the head with a sledge hammer. I screamed and covered my face as my PTSD kicked in. I was shaking and saw my Dad walking towards me from the front door. Then I saw Roman jump over the couch and kneel down in front of me. Roman reached up and took my hands gently, trasing circles on the bands of my hands with his thumbs.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly.

"T-The woman-her-he-he..." I stuttered.

"I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let you see it. Are you okay?" Roman asked softly.

"Not really... Can I hang out with you today?" I murmured.

"Of course you can. We'll turn off Monk and I can tell the guys something came up." Roman spoke slowly.

"Don't cancel you plans because of me. I just want to be near you." I mumbled the last part but I'm pretty sure he heard, because the corners of his mouth twitched like he was going to smirk but he styfled it and smiled softly.

"Are you sure? The guys are not the best people to be around." Roman warned.

"If they aren't the best people to be around, why do you hang out with then?" I asked.

"That's a good question." Roman stated.

He pulled out his phone and typed something before turning back to me.

"I can hang out with them another time." He told me.

"You canceled on them?" I asked.

"Mhm, now what do you want to do?" Roman asked.

I was going to argue that he can't cancel on his friends because of me but decided to ignore it because I wanted to be around him.

"I don't know..." I trailed off. All I knew was that I wanted to be around him.

"Okay... I think I know a place you might like." Roman told me.

"Do we have to go somewhere?" I whined.

"We can get ice cream afterwards." Roman offered.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, go get some shoes on." Roman told me.

"Okay!" I replied, dashing upstairs with the blanket wrapped around me. I slipped some socks on a a pair of uggs that weren't the ugg brand and were shorter boots. Then I grabbed my phone and went back downstairs.

"Ready to go?" Roman asked me.

"Mhm!" I replied.

We got in the car and Roman started driving.

__________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Thanks to one of you fellow readers and amazing people supporting my book you will hopefully be getting a chapter a day.

I appologize for myself in the future for when I forget or don't have time.

You can thank _bougieinchrist for the idea!

Have a wonderful day!

Comment and vote if you liked it.

-M