Paper Towel Notes : 26

Kaitlyn's POV

I had set my phone alarm last night so I woke up at 5:45. I rolled out of bed and noticed Roman's comforter on my bed. Was that why my nightmare had ended so quickly? I brushed that thought off and grabbed black leggings, a t-shirt, a dark gray sweatshirt and socks. Then I crossed the hall quietly and showered. Then I got dressed, brushed my teeth, tossed my dirty laundry back in my duffel bag and grabbed my backpack. I tossed my phone, waterbottle,  and an extra hoodie in my backpack and then slipped my shoes on. I exited my room, wrote a note that I was walking to school on a paper towel, left the note on the island and left.

I took longer than it would have if I had been walking from the Balor's to school. Roman's house was furthur away from school. I got there fifteen minutes early and plopped down in my seat in homeroom. I doodled on my notebook cover until a shadow blocked the light. I looked up to find a very mad Roman.

"Can I help you?" I asked, not changing my facial expression.

"You left a note." Roman stated holding up the paper towel.

"That I did. You got a problem with my note?" I asked.

"You left before I was even awake." Roman stated, ignoring my question. Then again my question wasn't really a question.

By now, students were filing into the room, watching us.

"I needed to get to class." I replied.

"You should have waited for me. I would have driven you." Roman huffed, glancing over his shoulder.

"Yeah, but I felt like walking." I replied, looking back down to my notebook.

He grabbed my chin and forced me to look up at him. I flinched. His frown deepened.

"Sorry... I-we'll talk later." He spoke softly glancing back over his shoulder at everyone staring.

I looked back down and when I glanced up, he was gone.

~~~

The rest of the day was uneventful.

When I got out of study hall Roman was waiting for me.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"I wanted to talk.." Roman replied softly, as a group of seniors walked past us chuckling.

"About what? You expressed your feelings very strongly in homeroom." I stated.

"I know.... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have grabbed you." Roman apologized.

There was an awkward pause and then he added.

"Will you forgive me?"

The caught me off guard. Roman? Apologizing? Never!

"Why?" I asked, unimpressed.

"Why am I apologizing to you or why should you forgive me?" Roman asked.

"Both." I replied, bored.

"I'm apologizing because I grabbed you and was rude to you and I don't deserve your forgiveness but I'm asking anyways." Roman replied.

"Fine. I forgive you. But I'm still walking home." I replied, just because he apologized for being rude and grabbing me doesn't excuse him for the other things he did Saturday and Sunday.

"But-" Roman cut himself off.

"Okay, be safe." He told me.

"Thanks, bye." I told him, walking off.

I walked home and tossed my backpack on my bed. I hadn't seen the girls at school, which was weird. Maybe they were just sick or something.

I packed my duffel bag and backpack because Emma was coming to get me in the morning. Tonight was the last night I would have to spend in close proximity with Roman and his oblivious brother.

Then I ate dinner with Alan and Roman in silence and went to bed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't update yesterday..

Hope you enjoyed it, comment and vote if you did!

Have a wonderful day!

-M