She Remembers Me : 38

Roman's POV

Today has been one crappy day. I am at school doing pushups because I talked back to Coach. I thought that was how a conversation worked. I finished the puchups, finished putting away the equipment and walked to my car when I got a call. I was Amanda. I picked up quickly.

"Amanda? What's going on? Is Kaitlyn okay? Where are you?" I ask her quickly.

Did Kaitlyn wake up? Did something go wrong and she wasn't going to wake up? Dozens of questions flooded my head so the words Amanda spoke next didn't regester right away.

"Kaitlyn is awake, she has amnesia but she remembers your name," Amanda spoke.

So she's mostly okay but she remembers my name? Is it possible to remember anything is you have amnesia? But she remembers my name. That gave me enough hope to ask.

"Can I see her?"

"Yeah, I'll send you the address." Amanda replied.

"Thank you so so much Amanda. You have no idea how much this means to me," I thanked her.

I was close to crying. Me. Roman Delgada crying. What did that girl do to me?

"Mhm, I gotta go. I'll tell her you're on your way," Amanda told me.

"Okay, thank you. Bye," I thanked her again.

"Bye," she replied.

She hung up, I tossed my phone in the passenger seat and started driving. I got gas first and then say Amanda's text with the address. I put the address in and then started driving again. It took me around forty minutes to reach the rehab center. Then I had to call Amanda because the woman at the desk wouldn't let me by. Amand came and explained the situation to the woman and she let me pass. We took the elevator in silence to the sixteenth floor and then to room 623.

Kaitlyn was sitting in a wheelchair building a puzzle with her sisters and mom. Her dad was nowhere to be seen. Amanda cleared her throat and all eyes turned to us. She's gotten a lot thinner. Her lip has almost healed. Her bruises are awful. I didn't know what to say standing there.

"Are you-who are you?" Kaitlyn asked in a small voice. Her big eyes were staring up at me innocently.

"I'm-uh-I'm Roman," I replied.

"Oh, sorry. I don't remember much right now," Kaitlyn appologized.

"It's dinner time so Roman, would you want to take Kaitlyn down to the cafeteria to get food and catch up with her?" Kaitlyn's mom asked.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught Amanda shooting a dirty look at her mom. How rude.

"Sure Mrs. Balor," I replied.

I wheeled Kaitlyn's wheelchair out of the room and into the elevator.

"So.... How are you?" Kaitlyn asked innocently.

"I'm okay.. Better now that you are awake." I replied honestly.

Her face instantly turned red and she let her hair fall in front of her face.

"Are you embarassed Kaitlyn?" I teased.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She replied, tugging on her hair in front of her face.

I chuckled and didn't say anything. We reached the cafeteria and got out. I wheeled her wheelchair to the line and got her food and then I got myself food. I wheeled her to a table and I sat down opposite from her opening her jello for her.

"So... What do you want to talk about?" I asked her.

"Mmm I don't you. Talk about memories. I don't remember anything good as of now." Kaitlyn replied.

"Um... Okay. Well we met when I bumped into you in the hallway, the next time we crossed paths we bumped into each other again and you spilled water all over yourself. Then you went on a walk with your dog past my house and passed out. You were out for about an hour and then you woke up. I took you home and then you came back here with a social worker. You stayed at my house for a week and then went home. Then you went missing around a week later. They found you pretty banged up and brought you here." I left out a few parts. I know.

"Then you were in a coma for a while and now you're awake." I finished.

"Okay.... Um, what did we do when I stayed at your house?" Kaitlyn asked.

She didn't know it, but she was cornering me.

"Uh, we watched tv, went to a park/garden, ate pizza and I got in trouble with my older brother Alan." I replied.

"What got you in trouble?" Kaitlyn asked.

"I had a party at the house while you were there." Roman replied.

She frowned and looked like she was thinking until she said:

"We should get back to my room."

I wheeled her into the elevator and back to her room. Then I said goodnight to her and left. Why had she ended the conversation so abruptly?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

How are you all?

Hope you liked the chapter, comment and vote if you did!

Have a wonderful day.

-M