Grocery Shopping : 35

Natasha's POV

Now I know what Mom went through when I was in a coma. Nick still goes to work and keeps up with the bills while me and the girls stay at the hospital in case she wakes up. That was last week though. This week I went grocery shopping, I made the girls go to school. Nick took the day off and is at the hospital with Kaitlyn. At this point the doctors are trying to take back what they said. They had said it wasn't a bad thing she went into a coma, now they are saying it is a bad thing and her health is decreasing.

She's gotten a lot thinner. Her lip has almost healed. Her bruises are still awful. The doctors say that she will have many new scars after this. She'll have more scars than me. All from one event. I got a total of four scars from four events. She will have five scars from one event. I wish I could take those scars from her. Two scars are on her face. I wish I could have been in her place to spare her from the trauma and scars that come with it. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I glanced at the caller ID and saw it was Nick.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked Nick.

"I'm fine. Kaitlyn woke up." Nick replied. There was a moment of silence and then I started walking quickly with my cart toward the checkout. I checked out and then put the phone back to my ear.

"Have you seen her yet?" I asked Nick as I unloaded my bags into the car.

"No, the doctor is checking her out. He already confirmed she is going to be in rehab for a minimum of two months. With the bullet in her leg and stomach it is a lot worse than most patients he sees." Nick replied as I took the cart back to the store.

"I'm gonna let you go. I'll be there in fourty minutes." I told Nick.

"Okay, drive safe. I love you." Nick told me.

"Love you too. Bye." I told him before hanging up. I got in my car and drove to the hospital, parked and waited. I didn't think I was ready to go in yet. Knowing first hand what Kaitlyn was going through and not being able to help her was heartbreaking. And at minimum she would be stuck in rehab for two months. At minimum. I grabbed my purse and stepped out of the car. Here we go.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed that chapter, comment and vote if you did!

Have a wonderful day!

-M