Continuation

MATHEW'S POV

"How is she?" Tanong ko agad sa doctor na kalalabas lang sa room ni Jazlyn.

"Oh? Are you the husband? I'm really sorry for this unfortunate accident, but be at ease. Your wife is already stable now. The piece of glass that stub her is not that deep and thankfully just a mild injury. She'll be good to go tonight actually" The doctor said softly. As if saying that everything is alright now. But hindi talaga yun ang nakaagaw ng attention ko but the thing she miss interpret of me being Jazlyn husband.

"I'm not her husband--I'm her boss... She's my temporary secretary..." I calmly said but it's rather bland na para bang ayaw ko pang sabihin, but did it nevertheless. Medyo nasurpresa naman yung doctor.

"Oh, pardon me. You seems really worried which is why i presume that way... Perhaps I just misread it, Apologies" Paumanhin agad nung doctor. Parang nag dududa pa nga ito sa sinabi ko,which confused me too dahil totoo namang boss ako ni Jazlyn in some point. And what's wrong kung nag aalala ako? Aren't that normal people supposed feel for the moment and situation.

"It's ok..." I chirp shortly. After that naman ay nilipat na sa maayus na room si Jazlyn, and I was finally given a permission to see her.

And obviously yes, we're on a hospital, not sure which one dahil I have no time to check it earlier when I hurried up here to aid Jazlyn, but it's the nearest hospital na madadaanan namin through the way.

Our meeting supposed to be actually cancelled too, but Miss Fulmer said that she can work the meeting go on without us, and inform me na unahin na muna si Jazlyn. Which is I'm indeed doing without her annoying orders. She's being too confident now that we're out of the way. And even have the guts to order me around. Tsk kakainis kakainis talaga.

I don't really get along that well with that girl. She's too annoying and her sparkling hopeful eyes are so irritating. She's too pure, at nakakairita yun. She doesn't know how cruel the world works, so she's taking everything so easy.

I hate that kind of people, thinking that they can have all the time they want to the world and treat it as if there will be no problem. Not even thinking those people who almost shed blood of tears just to live...

This is probably they called envying something... I envy her not for myself but for Jazlyn...  If not for us Jazlyn can be free like her. She will bloom and have a different and lessbloody life... That kind of environment should Jazlyn have. Not like this.

That's the reason why I hate the vibe of Miss Fulmer's showing... Not to mention that Jazlyn is so found of her, of course Jazlyn might see herself through her. Na they are alike somehow, kung hindi lang sya napunta sa ganitong situation...

I don't want Jazlyn to regret a thing for her being like this. It's indeed cruel dahil sa dami daming tao ay sya pa ang nakakaranas ng ganito. But i don't want her to feel like that. I know it's not for me to talk and say but I want her to be at least proud, dahil sa dami na nyang nasakripisyo at nagawa for herself. She achieve that kind of goal of being independent and strong woman, and still standing straight to face another day despite of the deadly situation. She come so far indeed... The only thing that's binding her is the contact that Lucas made... Tsk...

She can be so much more kung ako ang tatanungin, And Miss Fulmer being around will make her envy her. Which is probably already happening but Jazlyn never pay attention to that for she want no enemy in life. But I can see through her... She felt this kind of feeling deep inside her... My first proof is the kind of look she gave me ng asa sasakyan pa kami kanina. And the way she terrifiedly reach for me...

"I-i... I t-think... I think t-they got me... They g-got me M-master Calvente..."

I sighed, and shake my thoughts away from that sight. A very pitying sight... I almost truly feel sorry for her state if I can only do... Her eyes badly wanted too scream that time na bakit sa kanya pa nangyayari ang ganong bagay. How her eyes show those thousand of regrets but have no choice at all than to stick with it...