Chapter Thirty Seven

SOMEONE'S POV

"Done delivering it..?" I glance at the man who just walk in my office.

"Yes." I heard him answered. Ipinaikot ko ang swivel chair ko paharap sa kanya.

"Good" I said, looking directly in his eyes. His demeanor change immediately.

"What do you plan to do next? For sure, you wouldn't just simply send her some bunch of picture for nothing, right?." He guessed. His confuse but still trying figuring things out.

I leaned back at my chair and stared at the ceiling.      

What do i plan to do next. So simple yet so complicated at the same time.

I chuckled for myself. Once again i look over him. I tapped my fingers on my table.

"Patience, Lupus... And if you truly complete the task i have given you, then i know she will get what those pictures for..." I .

"I completed it" He firmly said and i nodded.

"I know. You haven't disappointed me ever since, so i trust you on that"

"Delivering a mail is something anyone could do." He stated. He seems unsure now but still stand his ground.

I smiled calmly. Tumayo ako sa kinauupuan ko at nag lakad sa may veranda.

"Oh, i know. I don't doubt that and so you. But never underestimate your target... You could never tell what could really happened later on." I mid stopped from my sentence. Gazing at the dark sky, it seem that it will rain.

I closed my eyes. There's no need to rush... It has been three year. Rushing things may turned to disaster.

"Lucas—"

"You don't need to know everything for now Lupus. All i want you to do is live and protect Ankor. That was our deal. But i won't totally leave you clueless. You'll understand soon enough. For now, do as i said and stop worrying about me" I cutted him off. I glance over him. He was already standing. His hand rolled in fist.

It must been hard to know barely nothing. But that is just how it is. The more he know less, the more they will be safer.

It has been three years since we fled out of the chaos. We barely survive... And that is because of me. I got them involved and tangled with my own selfish goals and problems.

And now it's almost time to finally come back again and face the chaos head on. I won't make them get involve this time. Lupus had enough. His been with me to hell many times, it's time to stop dragging him around.

It's not my place to decide for him, but I'm selfish enough to do so. This in the only choice i have, so that i could protect them.

Ankor is improving her health for the past years too. He needed someone to be with her when i left. Lupus is the only trusted man i have so i can't lose them both.

They are better off away from my chaos as possible. I have a battled to tend to. And this time I'll face it alone.

I will end this on my own.

I'm done running.

"Your planning something, Lucas. I can sense it. You use to tell me everything before, then why not now?" Matiim na sabi ni Lupus. He walks toward me and stop a few steps away in front of me.

"Your over thinking. Don't worry about me. Look after Ankor instead—"

"I'm not worried about you! And you know better that Ankor is doing just fine, so stop shutting me behind! Why can't you fucking tell me everything right now? Why? I can help you!" He lividly said.