Continuation

JAZLYN'S POV

"Glad you still remember my name... my dearest sister." Nakangising turan sa akin ni Jheneza. Nakita ko namang napatingin sa akin saglit si Briar dahil duon.

"So sister huh..." Briar commented blandly. Not so interested in Jheneza at all.

"Yes. I'm the heir of the Alvejo Corp. And soon everything will be mine. Not even a single penny will drop to you... little sister." Pagyayabang na sagot pa ni Jheneza. Ang tingin ay saglit na napunta sa akin.

Briar on the other hand wasn't even impressed and seemed bored at her.

"And you, don't mess with me if you don't want hell. I have a business with my sister. This is a family reunion after all. I don't need an outsiders like you. So get lost." Jheneza said to Briar threateningly.

Well, she tried her best to threaten Briar. But hell knows that Briar is not the one to be mess with. My sister is an idiot. Ni hindi nya kilala ang kinakausap nya. But how could she anyway? Puro sarili lang naman nya ang iniisip nya.

"Hell..? Your sister is funny, Jazlyn. She doesn't even know we both know what hell really looks like..." Briar whispered besides me. Looking at me knowingly but doesn't seem mad. Mukhang natatawa pa nga ito sa kapatid ko.

I sighed... She's right.

Thankfully I'm a bit calm than usual. Hindi ko inaasahan na makikita ko si Jheneza dito. But mas hindi ko inaasahan na kalmado parin ako kahit papaano, knowing na asa harap ko ang dahilan kung bakit nag kalintik lintik ang buhay ko.

She was the reason why mother and father abandoned me. The reason of everything of my misery... But somehow I'm just a little surprised meeting her after so many years. Nervous at first but seeing how she remains the same as before eased me.

And maybe... just maybe... maybe i already have lost interest in them. The attachment that i once have with them was long gone. It was long cut off. And now, I just don't care anymore. They are barely strangers to me now...

Minsan talaga... once na marealize mo ang mga bagay bagay, makikita mo talaga ang tunay na halaga nila. That they aren't that great after all so there's nothing to fear. Tila bituin sila na nawalan na nang kinang sa madilim na kalangitan.

I released a breath.

I'm relieved. Besides i have gone through hell already, so what can they really do? Not to mention i have a bigger crisis in my life as for the moment to stress myself with them.

"Don't talk to my friend like that, Jheneza. And you can have everything to yourself. I don't want anything that has to do with the Alvejo's. Sick people are only for sick people." I step forward. Briar seemed surprised but she smiled and nodded at me.

Briar let me handle my business, respecting me.

"I won't meddle unless urgent. Make some sense in your sister's brain..." Bulong pa sa akin ni Briar bago tuluyang lumayo sa amin. Natatawa pa nga ito and i will not blame her.

My sister only age but her mind was still immature and childlike. Kung wala akong naging mabibigat na karanasan nuon, malamang ay takot parin ako sa kanya ngayun. But things have changed. She has no value to me now.

"Ow... wow? Your taking a step forward now? How intriguing. You must have found a great encourager, my dear sister." Medyo naiiritang komento sa akin ni Jheneza.

I just stand my ground. My face was blank while facing her.

But seriously... Bakit ngayun pa to nangyari. I have a lot on my plates already, and now dadagdag pa sila? Gad, I just want them gone!