Four

Katherine's heart beat heavily in her chest as she waited for Harrison to explain his feelings over the loss of their baby. She couldn't believe that they had come so far with one another since it had happened, less than five weeks ago.

At the time, she would have never predicted they would be where they were at that moment — Harrison voluntarily speaking his feelings about such a tough subject. Especially after how angry he seemed when he found out she had been pregnant in the first place. He seemed to be a million miles away from the man he once was, and she was so grateful for it.

"I... well, for one, I never actively thought about having a child until... until, you know, we lost one," Harrison confessed, completely throwing Katherine's mind for a loop. She honestly did not expect him to say something like that.

"You... you've thought about it... like now? You think about it?" She stammered, hoping he would still continue to open up if she asked him questions.

"I do. I've imagined many things with you, Katherine," he confessed, nodding at her once again.

Anxiety swelled in her chest, but along with it, so did love and longing and happiness and faith in their future.

"Harrison," she cooed, unable to keep a tiny smile from turning up her lips.

"That pleases you," he pointed out and she couldn't help but bubble out a laugh.

"It doesn't not please me," she said, stumbling over her words as her smile grew.

And just like that, Harrison smiled in return, making all the ill feelings she had wash away.

"That is a double negative, Miss Mason," he said with a wry smirk.

"The meaning is the same," she giggled, causing him to breathe out a laugh.

"I've imagined many, many things with you too, Harrison," she told him sincerely, which made his smile turn up again, in turn heightening hers.

She scrambled up from her spot on the couch and dropped down next to him before placing her hands on his cheeks, leaving an amorous kiss on his lips.

"I love you, Mr. King," she cooed, and he leaned in, kissing her hard again.

She had yet to hear the words back from him, she wasn't sure she ever would. But he had his reasons and she would just have to live with it. Every time he opened up to her like this, she could see the fondness in his eyes. She knew his feelings were there. He had told her as much. But he just didn't know if he believed in the whole concept of 'love'.

"I-I... Is there... we never..." He stammered, making her pull back to see if he was okay.

Usually when Harrison spoke, he spoke with confidence. He usually never spoke until he knew exactly what he was going to say, otherwise he would just stay silent — which he did a lot. This was new. This was him really wanting to talk even if he didn't have the right words to say.

"I want you to know you can... you can talk to me... about anything... about everything. About us. About the baby. About our future. I don't want you to ever not talk to me about something that is bothering you or... or even something that makes you happy. When you're happy, I'm happy, Katherine. I want you to know that," Harrison explained, causing her whole heart to nearly burst with love for him. She felt tears sting in her eyes as the emotion took over.

"You make me happy," she told him honestly.

"You make me happy," he replied, bringing his hand up to affectionately slide his knuckles down her cheek.