Twenty-Nine

Harrison never sang anymore. Not if he could help it. He sang for Katherine though. He sang her old pop songs he remembered from his youth — The Beatles; John Lennon. It reminded him of the good parts of his childhood.

His mother would play a wide array of music from the 60's and 70's around the house when he was growing up. He even remembered dancing with her in the living room while listening to her old records when he was maybe five or six. Times like that were few and far between and abruptly ended when she left.

He sang some in his early teens with his step-brother Liam, but that didn't last long either.

His life never really gave him much to be happy about. He didn't have time for music and he didn't really have a reason to sing. Until Katherine.

Katherine made him happy. Katherine made him feel things he had never felt before. Katherine made him feel things that those old pop singers used to croon about.

It was an odd thing to Harrison — waking up with a song in his head, or doing something as mundane as preparing a meal and having a song pop into his brain. But Katherine had knocked his whole world off its axis and he was doing many things he never used to.

"'God only knows what I'd be without you...'" Harrison sang as he cut up fruit for the two of them to go with the pan-seared mahi-mahi he made them for dinner.

"So far, Vacation-Harrison has exceeded my expectations," Katherine cooed as she came up behind him, wrapping her arms around his middle.

"Yeah?" He questioned, chuckling under his breath as he carefully cut up a mango.

"Keep singing," she breathed as she pressed her cheek against his back, holding him in her arms.

"'If you should ever leave me, though life would still go on believe me, the world could show nothing to me, so what good would living do me...'" Harrison sang just for her.

"'God only knows what I'd be without you...'" They both sang together and Harrison couldn't help but smile.

"You have a lovely voice, mon ange," Harrison told her as he cut the pieces of mango into small bits.

"Nothing like yours," she countered as she unwound herself from him before leaving a kiss on his cheek.

"Mm. This looks so good," Katherine went on to say as she snatched a piece of pineapple out of the bowl of fruit.

Harrison turned his head to send her a stern look, but he froze as he watched her suck the fruit into her mouth and take a bite of it, the juices drizzling down her chin.

"Fuck," he hissed under his breath as he dropped the knife and turned toward her, wiping his hands on a towel.

Katherine smiled at him as best she could as she chewed the fruit. He inwardly groaned as he leaned in, kissing her sweet lips before lapping up the juice on her chin with his tongue. She giggled as his lips trailed up her jaw, his hands wrapping around her back, holding her against his body.

"Harrison—" She mumbled through her mouthful.

"You are fucking delicious," he groaned against her skin as his hands slid down to grip onto her bum. Her giggle was like music to his ears. She was so fucking addictive.

"I'm gonna choke," she whimpered through her giggles and he finally stilled, allowing her to finish chewing.

"Need to cut those pieces up smaller," he chuckled, pulling back to smile at her, causing her to let out a laugh after she finally swallowed.