Seventy-Two

09.12.23 — Please make sure you are caught up with all the newest chapters. Chapter 68 is the first chapter of the newest update!

.

.

"We're leaving. Now," Harrison snapped at Roberts as he got up from his desk and grabbed his suit jacket.

"Yes, sir," Roberts told him without question.

In a rush, Harrison was speeding down the street to the building where Katherine's therapist's office was with Roberts in the passenger seat. Harrison was swerving in and out of traffic, sometimes driving on the wrong side of the road just to get there faster as he relayed everything that he had found out to Roberts.

When he pulled to the side of the road with his destination, the 1 World Trade Center building, in his line of sight, the police had just started blocking off the roads as the crowd of onlookers grew in the area.

Why did Katherine have to pick a therapist that worked from one of the most notable buildings in the Manhattan skyline? Of course something like this would happen in that dreaded building. It was cursed. They were all cursed as far as he was concerned. Every goddamn one of those World Trade Center buildings.

"You're Harrison King," he heard as he got out of the car. He looked up to see a uniformed NYPD officer standing just to the right on the sidewalk.

Harrison let out an annoyed grunt as he started walking away from the car, ignoring the man.

"Mr. King, you-you can't park there!" The officer shouted at him as he completely abandoned the car and took off in a sprint toward the building.

"Fucking tow it!" Harrison snapped at him as he continued on with Roberts hot on his heels.

He didn't give a fuck what happened to his goddamn car. Sell it for fucking parts. He didn't give a shit. All that mattered was Katherine.

When they reached the NYPD barricade where the majority of the force that was present were placed, Harrison bombarded his way over, even though he was being shouted at and then restrained by the officers guarding the area.

"Get your fucking hands off of me!" Harrison snapped at the officer that put his arm in a hold behind his back.

"Let him go. Let him go!" One of the detectives yelled at the officer when they recognized who Harrison was. In an instant his arm was free and Harrison continued on toward the detective.

"You know who I am?" Harrison questioned gruffly, trying to keep a level head even though all of his senses and emotions were screaming at him.

"I do, Mr. King," he said with a nod, "What can I help you with?"

"What is going on? What information do you know?" Harrison asked quickly as he pointed back at 1 World Trade.

"Sir, we can't just—"

"My girlfriend is in there! She's in that fucking building!" Harrison snapped and watched the man's expression turn to shock in a split second.

"I'm sorry, sir," the detective told him earnestly.

"I don't need your fucking apologies. I need to know what the fuck is going on," Harrison growled. His emotions were all over the place. He couldn't control them even if he tried.

"So far all we know is there is an active shooter in the building. As far as we know, he is in the lobby—"

"Have there been shots fired?" Harrison asked impatiently.