Sixty-Eight

09.12.23 — I am posting the last eleven chapters in one massive update. This chapter is the first chapter of the newest update. I hope you enjoy the conclusion! Let me know what you think!

.

.

It was late when Harrison finally came into the bedroom, immediately going to the closet to undress. Katherine was lying awake thinking about how badly she fucked up by bringing his estranged mother to his home.

More than anything, she just wanted to make things better for him. She wanted him to be able to heal from some of his childhood trauma and she truly believed that speaking with his mother would help with that. But she realized now that it wasn't her place to bring her there and she was now facing the consequences of her actions.

Katherine pulled back the blankets and carefully got out of bed, wanting to apologize, to let Harrison know how deeply sorry she was for doing something so careless. She made her way to the closet, stopping short in the doorway.

She watched as he unbuttoned his shirt, pulling it off his body when he was done. When he noticed her standing there, his eyes immediately sunk down into a glare as he looked at her. He was still very angry and it killed her knowing it was all her fault.

"Harrison," she mewled as her heart pounded heavily in her chest.

"Please, Harrison, I'm sorry," she whimpered as he turned toward her, slowly making his way over, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean—"

Harrison shook his head at her, causing her words to immediately cut off. She watched as his angry eyes looked over every inch of her face and she wondered what was going through his mind. Probably something along the lines of betrayal. She betrayed him, and she didn't think of it as such until it was happening and she wasn't able to take it back.

"Harrison..." She mewled again feeling the sting of tears in the back of her eyes.

His hand came up, gently sliding against her collarbone before slowly moving up to the side of her neck. He watched every move that his hand made as he did it and when it moved across her throat, he watched that too.

Katherine stared up into his stormy eyes, staying silent until she couldn't any longer. She wanted them to talk through this situation. She needed it.

"Harrison," she whimpered, "Please talk to me."

Harrison's grip on her throat tightened, making her breathing a bit more labored, but she wasn't afraid of him. She knew he was hurt and she knew he was trying to come to terms with her being the one that hurt him.

A moment later, he leaned in, smashing his lips to hers, causing them to sting with the force he used. She whimpered into his mouth, but soon the pressure lessened and he began kissing her passionately. She could taste the whiskey on his tongue, but ignored it, knowing he had probably needed something to take the edge off after the night he had.

His right hand stayed on her throat as his left hand came up to knead her breast in his hand as he continued to kiss her. She knew that him using sex to avoid his feelings wasn't healthy. But she felt so much guilt over what she did that she knew she would let him.

"Harrison," she choked out as her hands slipped down his warm chest before undoing his slacks, letting them slip to his ankles.

When his hand finally left her throat, it was only so he could grip onto the front of his button-down shirt that she wore to bed. In one swift motion, he pulled the sides apart, ripping it right down the middle, exposing the front of her body. She was so startled that all she could do was scoff out in offense. He tore it right off of her body before reaching down and doing the same to her lace panties, his fingers tearing it to shreds.