Twenty-Seven

Katherine lay naked on her stomach in the bed she shared with Harrison. It was quiet and content and she felt sated in ways that she never had in her entire life. Within the week, they would be celebrating the New Year— another year that they were able to spend together, another year where they got everything they wanted.

The pads of Harrison's fingers slowly traced a line down Katherine's spine, tickling once it grazed over the swell off her bum.

"Harrison," she giggled as she lazily writhed her hips from side to side.

"Mm. You need a passport," he breathed as he leaned in to press a soft kiss to her shoulder blade.

Katherine bubbled out another giggle as she turned her head to send him a confused look.

"A passport?" She questioned, finding his randomness endearing.

"Mm. Wanna take you someplace... someplace warm," he hummed as he kissed her skin again, trailing his lips down her back.

"Someplace warm?" She asked, relaxing back onto the mattress as he feathered tiny kisses across her skin.

"Mm," he hummed, not elaborating any more.

She froze for a moment, thinking it over. What did he mean by 'someplace warm'? And a passport?

"Harrison?" She questioned quickly as she twisted in his arms, laying down on her back.

"Hmm?" He hummed, adapting immediately as his lips pressed against her belly, swirling his tongue in soft circles, stimulating goosebumps to arise on her skin.

"What are you talking about?" She questioned as she laced her fingers through his wispy dark strands.

"Bora Bora," he breathed into her skin.

"Bora Bora?" Katherine choked out, feeling completely stunned.

"I've never been. Have you?" Harrison asked, perking his head up to look her in the eyes.

She had never even been out of the country before. She had spent her entire life in the confines of the continental United States, barely leaving the east coast.

"Never," she answered, shaking her head, feeling her skin heating up all over.

"Good," he said as a small smile turned up his lips.

"You want to take me to Bora Bora?" She questioned, thinking that he might be tricking her or just speaking a wish out loud.

"Mm-hmm. For New Years," he said as he kissed up her sternum and over her chest.

"Wait. What?" She asked quickly, gripping his chin between her fingers and coaxing him to look up at her.

"I'm gonna take you to Bora Bora for New Years," he stated evenly, his warm eyes sparkling as he looked at her.

"No, you're not," she said immediately, unable to believe something so... so far-fetched. New Years was less than a week away. There wouldn't even be enough time to arrange something like that.

"I am," he countered with a confident nod of his head.

"It takes longer than that just to get a passport, Harrison. I-I don't have one," she told him as her heart beat wildly in her chest.

"You'd be surprised what money can get you," he commented as he buried his face in the nape of her neck, kissing up her erogenous zone.

"Harrison," she nearly whined through her excitement as she tried to coax him to look at her again.