Sixty-One

08.21.2023 — This is a chapter in a TEN part update that includes chapters 55-64. Please make sure to read chapter 55 first!

.

.

As Katherine mentally and emotionally tried to calm down, Christine made her some tea and the two of them sat at the kitchen table together. Katherine was nearly silent as Christine tried to figure out why her cousin showed up in a black mini dress and fuck-me heels at eleven-thirty at night.

"Katy, talk to me," Christine insisted, "I'm assuming you and Prince Charming got into a fight."

"He's far from Prince Charming," she grumbled under her breath.

"So he has flaws? Got it," Christine joked and Katherine shot her a narrowed glare.

"We're not using humor to lighten the weight of the situation? Ohh-kay," Christine said a moment later, making an 'eek' face.

"I just— None of this can be repeated. Ever. Okay?"

"Of course, Katy. Who am I gonna tell? Aaron?" Christine questioned, looking out into the living room at her husband who was sitting in his chair watching sports recaps on ESPN, "Well, actually he can probably hear everything we're saying anyway."

"I can," he called back, causing both Christine and Katherine to crack a smile as they looked at each other.

"You can't repeat anything you hear, Aaron," Katherine told him and he held up his thumb before agreeing with a simple 'yup', not even taking his eyes off the TV.

"So, tell me what's up," Christine said as she focused on her cousin again.

Katherine let out a heavy sigh before she gently wiped under her eyes.

"Harrison is a sex addict," Katherine blurted out, knowing she just needed to get it out in the open. She didn't like spilling his personal business, but she really needed someone to talk to about it.

"Oh, wow," Christine said, her eyebrows heightening in surprise.

"Can you blame him? He's probably had women throwing themselves at him left and right all his life," they heard Aaron from the living room.

"Oh my god," Katherine breathed before she dropped her face into her hands.

"Not helping, Aaron," Christine scolded him.

"Sorry. Telling it how it is," he apologized.

"You're upset that Harrison's a sex addict?" Christine asked carefully and Katherine shook her head 'no' before she finally pulled her hands away from her face.

"No. I'm not upset that he's a sex addict. I've known he was a sex addict since before he and I started dating," Katherine explained.

"Then what? Was he rough with you? Did he do something you weren't comfortable with?"

"Do you need me to beat him up, Katy?" Aaron called to her, causing her to breathe out a laugh.

"No, Aaron. But I appreciate the sentiment," Katherine said, smiling over at him.

"He wasn't rough with me— no rougher than we've ever been. I mean, that's not what— that's not why I'm here," Katherine said, waving her hand through the air.

"Okay. Go on then."

"Long story short, he took me to a club tonight— one that apparently he owns. And like, a bunch of women came up to him while we were there. Like, 'Hi, Harrison', 'Miss you, Harrison'," Katherine explained, letting out a scoff and a roll of her eyes before she continued, "And like, these two women came up to him and propositioned him for a threesome, like they used to do with him, apparently."