Twenty-Four

As Katherine and Harrison were eating breakfast with each other the Monday after the gala just before he had to leave for work, the doorbell rang. Katherine's eyes widened as she looked at Harrison, feeling startled that someone was there at eight in the morning.

She hoped like hell it wasn't his father. After the new information Harrison had told her about him, just the thought of that man made her queasy.

"Who could that be?" Harrison asked as a smirk turned up his lips.

"What?" She gaped, looking at him in awe as he abandoned his fork and stood up from his chair.

She was so confused. Since when did Harrison ever react to something in that way? Why was he smirking like that and why was he the one getting up to get the door?

"What is going on?" Katherine asked as he walked out of the kitchen.

"I don't know. What is going on?" She heard him respond after he disappeared around the corner.

She sat there frozen for a moment, feeling weird about the situation. On the rare occasion that the doorbell ever rang, it was never Harrison who answered it. It was always someone from his security team. It was protocol or something— which was made perfectly clear when Mr. Roberts appeared almost as if out of nowhere, walking toward the front door.

"Harrison went to get the door," Katherine told him.

"Harrison went to get the door?" Mr. Roberts asked, looking back at her with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Harrison went to get the door," she repeated with a laugh and her own puzzled look to tell him that she was just as confused as he was.

"Katherine, you have a delivery," they heard Harrison a moment later.

"What?" She gaped before she stood up from her seat. A delivery? She hadn't ordered anything.

An amusing thought filled her head a moment later. Maybe Harrison was finally replacing all the panties he had ripped off of her. There had been many.

Less than thirty seconds later, a large flat-bed cart stacked high with boxes of all sizes was being rolled toward the living room, baffling her even further. That was a lot of underwear.

She was so confused. Did he arrange for more clothing to be sent to her? The dress fitting was too extravagant as it was. She had no idea what to think about this.

Her mind couldn't even fathom what could possibly be in all of those boxes. Then the voice of her friend Chloe chimed in her head with the phrase 'sugar baby'. Was this her sugar baby moment? What could Harrison have possibly gotten her that was packed in that many boxes?

"What is going on?" Katherine asked again as Harrison came into view.

His smirk was filled with amusement as he walked into the kitchen, holding out his hand for her to take it.

"Come see, mon ange," he told her as he took her hand in his.

"Harrison..." She breathed, staring at him like he had lost his mind.

"Come," he insisted before he guided her toward the two people that were unloading all of the boxes from the cart onto the middle of the floor in the living room.

"This is a delivery for me?" Katherine asked Harrison incredulously and he nodded his head in response.

"Would you like us to cut open the boxes for you, sir?" One of the delivery people asked.

"Please," Harrison said after nodding at the person, "Carefully."

"Of course, sir."

The anticipation that Katherine felt in her belly was almost too much. Was it an early Christmas present? What could he have possibly gotten her? And good god, if this was her Christmas present, she felt insanely inferior because she knew she would never be able to get him so much.