Fifty-Six

08.21.2023 — This is a chapter in a TEN part update that includes chapters 55-64. Please make sure to read chapter 55 first!

.

.

"I'm sorry," Harrison said gruffly once it was just the two of them at the table.

"No need to apologize," Katherine replied, eyeing him attentively.

She was looking for clues in his demeanor as to how he felt about Allaynah. But in true Mr. King fashion, there was nothing behind those eyes. No feelings, no regard. And suddenly, she felt sorry for the other woman.

It was an odd thing to Katherine. Why should she care? She was the lucky one on the arm of the man she loved. But she could easily imagine what it would be like to be just another woman in Harrison's life, another woman between the sheets, because that was how she felt for months before he finally opened up to her.

"Regardless, I'm sorry," he apologized again and it caused a soft smile to turn up her lips as she scooted closer to him in the booth.

"It's okay, my love," she breathed against his lips before she pressed a kiss to them.

Harrison's fingers snaked into her hair as his hand cupped around the back of her head, ensuring she continued to kiss him. She giggled against his mouth after she tried to pull back and was met with resistance.

"Mon ange, mm," Harrison hummed before he kissed her again, lapping his tongue against hers for a few more blissful moments before he finally let up.

"Can't get enough of you," he murmured as his vision met hers.

"Mm. You're definitely an aphrodisiac for me as well," she told him as she picked up her glass and took another sip of her drink.

"You are my number one aphrodisiac, angel," Harrison breathed as he leaned in, connecting his lips to her neck.

"Baby. Baby," she giggled as she squirmed away from him, only because his stubble tickled her sensitive skin.

"Mm. See. Can't help it," he breathed, smirking wildly at her.

"Sir. You're gonna make me want to fuck you right in this booth."

"I already want to fuck you right in this booth, Miss Mason," he countered, his eyes growing darker as he spoke.

Katherine let out a giggle in response and shook her head.

"Public sex was not on my 'Mr. King' bingo card," she joked, causing Harrison to look at her questioningly, not comprehending the joke.

"Never mind," she laughed, waving her hand through the air.

"Would you like another drink, angel?" Harrison asked when he noticed her slowly sip the last remnants of her vodka cranberry.

"I would," she said as she looked up to see the waiter walking toward their table with fresh drinks for both of them without them having to even order them.

"Perfect timing," Katherine giggled as the waiter set each of their drinks down in front of them before taking their other glasses and walking off, leaving the two of them alone again.

"We should have Derek and Mackenzie over for dinner sometime soon," Katherine told Harrison as the thought flashed through her mind, remembering how she suggested it to Mackenzie.

"Mr. Bates and his wife?" Harrison questioned as his eyebrows furrowed deeply.

"Yes," she said with a nod and watched as he shook his head in disapproval.