Fifty-Four

08.15.2023 — This is a chapter in a four part update, along with chapters 51, 52 & 53. Make sure to read chapter 51 first!

.

.

Katherine had made a few appointments at a luxury spa that Mackenzie had recommended to her. She booked a massage, mani/pedi, waxing, a facial and a blow-out for her hair. But first, she found herself walking through the dress section of many different stores, including Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman's.

She hadn't done much research on high-end boutiques, so she just stuck with what she knew, and what she knew was department stores. Though now, she was shopping in quite a different price range than she ever had before. If her billionaire boyfriend wanted her to look nice so he could take her out, she wasn't going to disappoint.

But when she finally chose a dress and handed over that brand new shiny black Amex with her name on it, she still cringed at the near three-thousand dollar transaction. She had never spent so much money on a dress and shoes before. And at that point, she hadn't even thought of accessorizing.

Mr. Daniels went with Katherine shopping, but stayed in the car in the parking garage when she went into the spa. She knew she would be there for hours and figured Mr. Daniels would be bored sitting there waiting for her.

By the time Katherine and Mr. Daniels got back home at four from their afternoon out, the house was all a flutter with the massive IT team that was working diligently on the breach. Harrison had an early dinner catered in and the two of them ate together at the small table in his office just to have a bit of privacy from the random people in their home.

"Am I going to see some purchases on your credit card from today?" Harrison asked as the two of them sat with each other.

She breathed out a laugh as she picked up her wine glass, taking a sip.

"Katherine," he breathed darkly when she didn't answer.

"Yes, Harrison. I made some outlandish purchases on your credit card today," she answered finally.

"On your credit card," he corrected, causing her to purse her lips at him in faux-annoyance.

"I may have to spank you yet tonight," Harrison commented, causing Katherine's insides to tighten deliciously.

"Hmm," she hummed, taking another sip of her wine, her hazel eyes never leaving his brown ones.

"Did you go to the spa?" Harrison asked curiously.

"I did," she replied as she set down her glass.

"And?"

"And I got a massage, a manicure and pedicure..." She said, holding out her hand to show him her freshly painted nails, "I had some waxing done, and a blow-out for my hair. Oh, and a facial."

"I could have given you a facial for free," he told her, heightening an eyebrow as his lips turned up into a devilish smirk.

It took her a few moments, but when she realized he meant an x-rated facial, she groaned through a snicker. Harrison barked out a laugh at her response and it made her laugh even more.

"Vulgar, Mr. King. Very vulgar," she told him as she shook her head, a smile on her face.

"Like I said, I want to take care of you," he said with another teasing smirk and she couldn't help but breathe out a laugh.

"Oh, I love you," she cooed, smiling at him fondly.

"You make me feel a lot, angel," Harrison told her without missing a beat and leaned in to leave a sweet kiss on her lips.