Fifty-Three

08.15.2023 — This is a chapter in a four part update, along with chapters 51, 52 & 54. Make sure to read chapter 51 first!

.

.

Harrison had been working long days at work and late nights at home. The two of them didn't really have a lot of time to spend with each other, and it had been the longest the two of them had gone without sex since they found their sexual rhythm after they started dating — a whole three days. But for Harrison, three days without sex was definitely out of the norm.

"Mon ange," Harrison greeted her as she sat in the bathroom applying her makeup for the day.

"Hi, baby," she replied, smiling at him.

"Mm," he hummed as he leaned in, leaving a kiss on the top of her head.

"Are you excited for our evening out tonight?" He asked, looking at her through the mirror as he rested his hands on her shoulders.

"I am," she said, beaming a smile at him.

"When Daniels gets here, why don't you go out and spend the day pampering yourself?" He offered.

"Pampering myself?"

"Yes."

She didn't really ever go out to 'pamper' herself. She'd done it before the gala because it was a massive event and she knew there would be paparazzi. She didn't want to look like a slug on the gorgeous and famous Mr. Harrison King's arm. It was the first time they were ever seen together publicly, which was huge.

She supposed they were going to go out publicly again that evening, so a little pampering wouldn't hurt.

"Are you trying to get rid of me, Mr. King?" She teased, cocking her eyebrow at him.

"No, darling. I just want you to be able to relax. I know how tense you've been with all these strangers in the house."

She smiled at him through the mirror before she resumed applying her mascara.

"Here. I've been meaning to give you this," Harrison said as he stuck his hand in his pocket, pulling something out.

"What is it?" She asked as she turned to look at it, holding out her hand.

"A credit card," he told her as he placed it in her palm.

"I already have your credit card, Harrison. I pretty much shop for everything for this household. Remember?" She breathed out a laugh as she looked up at him.

"This one is yours," Harrison pointed out.

"What?" Katherine choked out as she looked down at the black American Express card in her hand.

Sure enough, the name on the credit card was Katherine E. Mason. Her stomach turned harshly as her breathing heightened and her heart began thumping in her chest.

"Harrison, no— I-I can't—" She choked out.

"Katherine—"

"I'm not going to spend your money."

He gently grabbed her arm to coax her to stand in front of him before he placed his hands on her arms, running them up and down in a soothing rhythm as he looked at her.

"I have told you many times to use the Amex for anything and everything, darling. I want to take care of you. So far, I have only seen grocery and dry cleaning bills on that statement. Now you have your own. Use it, Katherine. Go buy yourself a new dress and shoes for tonight, and whatever else your heart desires. Have your hair done. Have a massage. Let yourself be pampered. I insist," he explained.