One, Two, Fly

There was an idea. It was called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was, "to bring together a group of remarkable people, to fight alongside each other. To fight the battles that humans never could." It was a great idea. Fantastic even. It worked for New York in 2012 when six talented and unique individuals stopped a possessed deity from taking over the planet. The initiative still continues to this day, protecting the earth and all forms of life beyond the stars.

    You, and your sister Tala, were one of these remarkable people. Both of you were discovered five years ago when some of the Avengers had come to your island home asking for help. You and your sister had agreed to The Accords. Now the two of you were Avengers of your small part of the world.

    Part of being an Avenger meant that you would have to train with them for a year, learn all you can, and hopefully take that knowledge back with you and apply it to help your corner of the world in need. But really, you knew why your sister had pushed you into this decision. You were hesitant at first, but you can't deny the fact that this was the opportunity you were looking for.

    "Do you have everything?" Tala asked. You nodded and patted your small duffle bag. You didn't need much. You figured that whatever else you might need you can buy in New York.

    Tala decided to accompany you on your journey to the Tower. Neither of you had ever been to New York and wanted to make a small vacation out of saying goodbye to each other and be separated for a year.

    "What are you going to do when I'm gone?" you signed to her.

    "Oh, you know. Enslave the villagers and have them wait on me night and day. Maybe I can get kuya to lend me his chariot. The sun is a star. Technically." You rolled your eyes at her, but the mention of your older brother sent your heart in a slight panic.

    One...

    Two...

    You took a deep breath. In and out. One, and two. It made you wonder if he knew that you were going to be away. What if he does something while I'm away? I can't be here to protect Tala. "Relax, até. I won't enslave the villagers...maybe not at first." She laughed.

    "That's not what I'm worried about," you signed at her.

    "I know what you're worried about. And I'm telling you that you don't have to worry. The Triumph Division is close. Nothing will happen."

    One...

    Two...

    The Triumph Division, another group of 'remarkable' people who assist the people on this side of the planet. They had ties with The Avengers in New York. They too are now subject to the Sokovian Accords under the United Nations.

    "You know, maybe I can just stay here and train with The Triumph Division? I wouldn't be so far away then." You signed to Tala.

    "Até..." She groaned. "You won't be able to live with yourself if you didn't take this chance. I know you. You need a change of scenery. This island has gotten too small for you."

    "This island is all I've known for the better part of my life. I...I can't just leave you behind. Plus, I won't know anyone there."

    "You'll make new friends. You always wanted to be free. This is your chance. Ever since...papa passed...you need to stop being strong for others – for me. Start living life for you."

    "Easy for you to say. You've always been the more outgoing one. People love you. They won't even understand me." You signed back. Tala took your hand and said, "Take a deep breath. One...Two...