If You Let Me

The rest of the week flew by quickly

The rest of the week flew by quickly. Too quickly. The long polar nights messed with your internal clock. There were a few hours of sunlight, but it rose and set so early, that it made it hard for you to tell whether it was just afternoon or actual night. Time seemed to fly by without respect to your jet lag or your inner circadian rhythm.

You wanted to keep yourself busy and not get in Loki's way. You had taken it upon yourself to cook for the entire team during your stay. The brothers did have a royal cook, Bridgit. She was used to only having Val or Meek to cook for, and on occasion, the brothers when they were home. But not the entire Avengers Team.

You ended up helping cook breakfast; make lunch for the team; and help with dinner. Bridgit was beyond grateful for the extra hand. So daytime, or at least the hours between nine to six, was reserved for planning and cooking for the team.

The hours after were saved for you and Loki. After dinner with the team, he would show you around town. He was excited to show you the plans they had for the village. In a span of ten years, they had accomplished so much, even with The Blip. The town grew with a proper village square, a marketplace, The Langhus, and barracks for when the Einherjar train.

Sometimes he would take you out of the city to show you the wildlands. One particular night, you both stayed out well past the wee hours of the morning, just watching the auroras. He made a half tent to shield you both from the wind as you both sat on a heated blanket watching the lights dance in the sky. This was your favorite thing to do- spending some quiet time with your love, in his arms. He was not a prince. You were not a goddess. Neither of you were Avengers. You were just two people in love with each other. And that was enough.

Loki had been busy the whole time. Plans were underway to get the Yuletide celebrations going. It was a tight timespan as the Winter Solstice was nearing next week. Val and Heimdall oversaw security for the entire festival. Thor and Tony were in charge of the New Year's Eve celebrations. While Loki was to oversee The Winter Solstice bonfire. The start of Yuletide would kick off the entire festival and essentially set the tone for how the next two weeks would go.

But no matter how busy he got; Loki would always make time for you. He would check in on you throughout the day and leave small tokens for you on the kitchen table. Sometimes, it would be wildflowers or little love notes. Other times, he would steal you to a dark corner of the house and you would make out like young teenagers about to get caught. Every time you returned to the kitchen, you would have the brightest shade of pink on your cheeks and a smile on your face.

The eve of Winter Solstice was especially stressful for Loki. He was a perfectionist, and he did not want any excuse for a critique on his part of the festivities. He skipped dinner that night, opting for a light sandwich that you brought him just hours before. He was working with Korg and the city's lumberjacks to build the bonfire. It was a large trunk of a spruce to represent the Yule log. Anyone watching could tell how frustrating it was to instruct the living golem. Let alone the dozens of citizens milling about. Loki was exhausted. You wanted to take that burden off him and help him relax.