Wildest Dreams

Loki had been remiss ever since you got back from the mission. He was quiet and pensive after your little talk in the mess hall. Maybe he was upset by my hug. I don't think he likes being touched. Captain Hill had collected the rest of your belongings from the abandoned SUV and given them back to you along with a newly bandaged Sidorov. He was wearing a sling on his right arm and had a helmet on his head that covered his eyes and ears.

    "He won't be able to see or hear anything when you arrive at the tower. Send my regards to Fury and the others." She said through the radio as we took off back home. Home. That's a sentiment I never thought I'd call the tower. You hardly spent any time around the tower to call it home. But it did make you feel safe. It didn't replace Kaluwalhatian, instead, it just sat side by side with it in your heart. They weren't interchangeable. Both meant everything and different things at the same time.

    The flight home didn't take long. The whole time you were thinking about how to tell Stark about your voice coming back.

    "You should sing and compel him to do the Dougie or something. That would be hilarious." Sam suggested.

    "He would never trust me again. He'd make me wear a gag my entire stay here," you laughed.

    "Come up with something fast, doll. We're here." Bucky announced as the quinjet slowed and descended. When the back hanger opened, Loki was quick to get up and grab Sidorov. He conveyed him down the gangplank to go inside the tower. The other two didn't question it, but it made you feel bereft that he hadn't even looked at you once since you left the helicarrier.

    Nat came out to see the informant, taking him from Loki. From where you were standing, it looked like they were arguing about who would take Sidirov into the cell. It looked like Nat won, with Loki's arms up in surrender. He turned around, tight-lipped, and helped unload some of the cargo you had taken with you. It wasn't much, which meant quick work.

    You stopped in front of him to get his attention. "Are you ok?" You signed. He just nodded his head, gathered his things, and left for the elevator. "Listen, I'm sorry about the hug. If it made you feel uncomfortable. And about me crying and unloading my anxiety all out on you." You signed. "I didn't mean for you to be my emotional pin cushion."

    He held his hand up to stop you. "It's all right. Really. I'm just fatigued. That's all," he lied.

    "Oh! Of course. I'm sorry. Don't let me stop you." You said as you moved aside to let him through, feeling no better than when he ignored you.

    "DID YOU JUST SPEAK?!" Stark yelled nonsensically. You turned around to see Tony, his mouth dropped open in disbelief.

    "Surprise?!" You half-heartedly said with jazz hands.

    "Pfft. You got off easy. I was gonna have her make you dance!" Sam said walking past Tony.

    "This is great. We're gonna start right away. I want to know everything. How you got your voice back? How far can you compel? What can you make people do?" he continued posturing and hypothesizing. You just felt daunted by it all. Daunted and hurt, you watched Loki's retreating figure into the elevator.

 Daunted and hurt, you watched Loki's retreating figure into the elevator