Swim

Everyone traveled north to the compound upstate

    Everyone traveled north to the compound upstate. There were Avengers and agents alike walking around. There were people everywhere wearing board shorts and swimsuits. Steve and Sam were at the grill, cooking the steaks and chicken you had marinated the night before. Bucky was next to them, heckling Sam about the proper technique of grilling a hamburger. Clint was showing Thor the art and mechanics of throwing a football back and forth while Peter and Wanda watched, poolside, not too far away. Vision and Bruce were sitting under a cabana in deep discussion about particle physics, relativity, or maybe even the weather. The birthday boy himself, Tony, was DJ'ing in a large booth with Rhodey.

    People were lounging by the massive pool. A section of it had underwater seating and a swim-up bar. Next to that was a shallow pool with lounge chairs and umbrellas in case you wanted to get your feet wet but not go into the pool.

    You stayed inside looking through the large windows holding a book in your hand. I thought this was supposed to be an intimate gathering. You just wanted to relax poolside reading your book.

    The funny thing was you did know everybody in a way. They were avengers, office workers, or agents from S.W.O.R.D. It reminded you of the large gatherings at home. The water, the food, the villagers all mingling.

    "Rawr." You turned to see who purred at you and giggled. Natasha was walking to you from across the large living area. She had on an amazing white, two-piece swimsuit with a high waisted bottom and a sheer robe-duster. Her large, brimmed hat shadowed her face. Her matching heels clicked as she walked her way over to you. "You look amazing RiRi. Where have you been keeping that ass?" She looked you up and down in your two-piece black bikini. You wrapped your blue sash around your waist like a sarong and it was now contouring your curves a little much for your liking.

    "You like it? I'm not comfortable showing off too much," you said unsure. "But who cares about me. If looks could kill, Nat, I'm sure you'd be wanted by the FBI in no time. You look mighty fine." She gave you a sincere smile as she took off her glasses.

    "Thank you. But why aren't you outside?" She came up next to you looking out the window. She saw everyone there having fun, or lounging around the pool, including a certain alien prince.

    "The moon is out." You told her. "The moon tends to be out during the daytime a lot out here," you whispered more to yourself.

    "So?" She asked looking for clarification.

    "I'll transform as soon as I step out. My markings will be visible. And I'm wearing a swimsuit."

    "Again, I ask. So?" Nat asked not understanding your dilemma.

     "I don't know. I guess. I'm just a little conscious of my markings. There are a lot of people out there. I thought this was supposed to be an intimate gathering?"

    "This is intimate. For Tony. Anyway, you shouldn't be self-conscious about your markings. They are a part of you. A part of your history. It's what sets you apart from everyone else. Come on. Let's make an entrance." She grabbed your hand and led you outside. Nat handed you her glasses to put on as she opened the door, not letting go of your hand.