Mine

"Love, are you ready?"

"I'll be out in a minute." You yelled out from the ensuite. You checked the vanity one last time to put your lipstick on. With a pucker and a last-minute turn, you walked out to your shared bedroom. "Ok. I'm decent." Loki froze. His gaze taking in all your glory.

"Only decent? My love. You will turn anyone nocturnal, praising the night, worshipping the moon, after just one glance at your perfection." Loki said admiring you. You blushed at his comment. Heat overtaking your body. You were wearing an enchanting green satin dress that hung delicately off your shoulders. Your hair moved in beautiful waves down your back as you gracefully walked your way toward him.

"Mmm. You look absolutely sinful." You murmured to him, as you grabbed hold of his lapels to pull him closer to you for a kiss. Loki always looked good in a suit. But there was always something about this dark blue tux that always unraveled you. He wore his hair parted and messy, just the way you liked it on him. Which means you could run your fingers through his hair, and it would still look like he meant to style it that way. He never minded. It just meant that your hands were always on him, and he liked that. He wrapped his arms around your waist, his hands feeling the silkiness of your dress.

"You're wearing my colors!" You said with appreciation.

"And you, mine." He said in his deep baritone voice.

"Do you like it?" You asked innocently. You stepped out from his embrace, twirling to show off your dress. Loki could only stare and silently nod his head. "Good. Cuz you'll be taking it off me later." You whispered into his ear as you stepped out to make your way into the common area. Loki was stunned into place, a mischievous grin forming on his face. He liked how this night was starting off already.

Walking to the elevators, you had expected to run into someone, anyone, from the team. The common area was usually loud and occupied. Especially on a Saturday night. The team would find various pursuits, but they would all do so collectively.

"Where is everyone?" You asked Loki as he ran his hands up and down your back. He enjoyed the feel of the silk on his fingers.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. There was an emergency mission Fury had them go on earlier." Loki answered, still distracted by your dress.

"Mission? Wait, do we need to be there? How come no one told me?"

"No, the team knew that it was our anniversary tonight. They wanted us to have our time together."

"But what if they need us? What if something goes wrong?" You stepped to push the 'stop' button on the elevator to go back up to your room to change. Loki grabbed your hand gently.

"The Captain said if he really needed us, he would not hesitate to call." Loki placed your hand on his heart. "Don't worry my love. Please. Just focus on you..." he kissed your dainty fingers, "...and me. Ok?"