Coffee

Leave it to Tony to only have the best in his tower. Prime location is everything in New York. Yes, this is The Avengers tower, but it also is the local headquarters for Stark Industries. The business had occupied the lower floors of the tower, as well as other retailers that help the employees that work in the building. Including one coffee shop that had the best blueberry muffins and americanos.

     The first time you visited the shop, you were new. No one had heard of you. You could disappear in the crowd. It helped that you looked different under moonlight too, which is when a lot of people saw you. Over time, people started to recognize you, with or without moonlight transformation. It was getting harder to go anywhere unrecognized. It was not without its perk though. You showed up at the same time most days, around 10:15 am if you weren't on a mission. The barista you had made friends with always saved you the last blueberry muffin.

     That's where you were headed right now. You walked out of your room wearing denim shorts and a baggy t-shirt of your favorite anime, tucked into the front. You let your hair down and it was slightly curled from being in a messy bun all day. Not at all how you normally wear it in a high ponytail. You also wore your headphones and sunglasses in hopes that you wouldn't get recognized.

     Walking onto the common area, you could see a lot of the team just unwinding. Wanda and Vision sat in the living room reading. Bucky and Bruce were arm wrestling. Ooh, I hope they don't break another table. Sam and Nat were cheering them on, while Thor wanted to try the winner.

     You made your way inside the elevator listening to music on your phone and pressed for the lobby. You were so caught up on your phone that you didn't notice that Loki had been inside this whole time. When you stashed your phone in your back pocket and looked up, his reflection off the mirrored doors startled you and made you jump with a little cry. He was leaning on the railing with his legs and arms crossed. He had the most amused expression on his face.

     "Loki! You scared me." You said annoyed.

     "I beg your pardon. It's not my fault that you don't pay attention to your environment. We should probably add that to your training regimen." He contemplated. Loki had been showing you some knife-wielding techniques like he promised. It's been weeks of grueling practice. He was pleasantly amazed when he, himself, learned something from you as well. "Where are you headed off too? Would you like some company?" He then asked.

     "Sure. I was just headed down to the coffee shop for a bit." You spoke. There's no use now. For sure, I'll get recognized now that I'm with Loki.

     The elevator ride was silent. You didn't know what to make of Loki. Ever since he came back, he kept to himself often. He didn't ignore you anymore, but you only ever saw him during weapons training when he was showing you a new trick with your daggers. You never really hung out outside of training or missions. Even the nights when he would bring you tea on the balcony, it was a quick hello and some polite conversation before he excused himself to go back to his room. So, this was entirely new. You felt a little jittery. You had wanted an excuse to hang out with him more, this might be your chance.

     Loki had just come down from the hanger. He had misplaced a book he was reading and found it on the quinjet. He was making his way back to his chambers when you had walked into the elevator. All plans forsaken, he just watched you, waiting for you to acknowledge him. He took notice of what you were wearing and by the looks of your sunglasses and your long hair trying to cover your face, he guessed that you were going downstairs for your ritual cup of coffee and muffin. You hated being recognized. It was an uncomfortable situation for you having to try to communicate with people who didn't know about your condition before. Often, people were nice about it, but they didn't comprehend the situation and it made you feel awkward when they couldn't understand you.