Grrrl, Like

The last week had been a blast. It passed by so quickly that you had wondered what happened as you stood there on the rooftop hangar waving goodbye to your sister. Captain America, or Steve, as he prefers to be called, took you and Tala around Brooklyn. Sgt. Sam Wilson and Sgt. James Barnes tagged along and were very comedic and interesting tour guides. Steve would tell you quirky stories about certain buildings and historical events that had happened at a particular park or on a street corner. James, or Bucky, as he introduced himself, was very quiet. His lack of enthusiasm was opposite to Sam's energy and wit. What an interesting trio, you observed.

    Peter Parker, Tony's high school intern, showed you guys around Queens and took you to interesting eateries and you tried food from street corner carts. He was very curious about your powers, especially the transformation that takes place.

    Wanda and Vision had taken you guys around Ellis Island to visit the Statue of Liberty, and around Central Park. They admitted that they hadn't seen any of these locations themselves and thought that being tourists with you would be a lot of fun.

    These were all memories that you would cherish for your lifetime. But now, the real work was about to begin. Without the safety net of your home or the support system of your family, you started to feel lonely and homesick.

    "Hey, you ready for tomorrow?" Nat asked. You nodded your head and crafted a smile. The rest of the day was Nat going over the more domestic rules of the tower. How everyone is in charge of keeping their own space clean. There was hired help to clean the common areas and to fill the fridge and pantry. But you were responsible for your own meals and your own space. She showed you where the laundry was. Where the medical bay was. Where the garage and armory were. You could only take out a car or weapons with explicit consent from Fury, Steve, or Tony. She also gave you a list of restaurants and stores around the tower in case you needed something that wasn't already available at hand. From here on out, you were fending for yourself.

    You woke up the next day at six, knowing that Nat wanted you down at the gym at seven

    You woke up the next day at six, knowing that Nat wanted you down at the gym at seven. You took a quick shower, got dressed, and made your way down to the communal kitchen. Steve and Sam were already there making some scrambled eggs and offered you some. You gladly accepted and pointed to the coffee.

    "Ya, help yourself." Sam had said. You smiled at him, thanking him. They tried talking to you about what your schedule looked like for the rest of the day. You took out a notebook and pen from the side pocket of your pants and wrote out-

    First is evaluations, followed by combat training. After that I'll get a lunch break, then the rest of the afternoon at Tony's lab.

    "I'm sure you'll do great. We'll head down with you. I'm the one giving you your combat training." Steve said. That was a nice surprise. You had enjoyed the time spent with him showing you around Brooklyn. You felt like you had made some friends here already the week prior, just hanging out and getting to know the team. Tala would be proud.