Leading Us Along

"He's got a gun!" you heard someone shout. The crowd panicked and screams were heard as people hurried to the exits. Only the Avengers had stayed behind. The man pulled his shot. No! Not Loki, you thought. You pushed him off the stage, trying to save him. But the shooter wasn't pointing the gun at Loki. He was pointing it at you.

Thor raised Stormbreaker and swung it down. The gunman's hand dropped to the floor with his pistol still in hand. A bloodcurdling scream was all anyone could hear as he was surrounded by people trying to subdue him. Heimdall ran to the stage, his vision from earlier coming to fruition.

Loki held you as you lay in his arms gasping for air. The ammo had a syringed tail. The contents depositing into your body.

"We've talked about this Mayari! You were not to get injured again." Loki lectured you.

"Is it poison?" You said in between breaths. You felt weak. You felt dizzy and short of breath. It was as if someone had punched your gut so hard that it pushed all the oxygen out of your body. It was depriving your brain of the air it needed to think, giving you a massive headache. Someone pulled out the syringe.

"Bruce, analyze this. Find out what it is." Tony spoke.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." You said quietly.

"No, you're not. You just got shot with an unknown substance." Loki said angrily.

"I said, I'm fine!" You yelled out. One second you were deprived of oxygen and energy, and then the next, you felt so rich with electricity running through your veins. "Where is he? Where's the idiot who dared act against me." Your voice held an echo. A dark aura formed around you. If you had been your usual self, Loki thought, you would've transformed into your moon form. You got up and walked over to the man lying on the ground. He cradled his missing hand and cried. Your teammates parted as you walked closer.

"Doll..." Bucky said, trying to calm you down.

"Pain," was all you said. Bucky fell to his knees, clutching his sides. When he was no longer able to stop you, you focused back on the assailant. Everyone was alarmed. You had essentially attacked one of your own teammates.

"Suffer." A louder cry came from the gunman. He writhed in pain, convulsing on the floor. Drool bubbled from his mouth, escaping his lips.

"...Find...Dreykov...Follow...Him..." The gunman wailed with his last breath.

"How is she able to do this? She's not singing." Natasha asked Tony. Loki came up to you and held your arms.

"Darling. Come back to me." He said softly, trying to coax you out of this blinding wrath you had put yourself in.

"Pain."

Loki buckled to his knees. Sharp stabbing pain in his gut as if he was being sliced open.

"Mayari! That's enough. Thor yelled out." His eyes changed with the call of his lightning. You turned to face him but were met with Steve Rogers. He was standing so close to you. You did not hear him sneak up behind you. He took your surprise and quickly fastened a metal gag around your mouth.

You grabbed Steve's hand and flung him across the room. The indignity you felt at being silenced. You screamed with your entire rage. Your whole body heating up. Light flooded the room, your body levitating.

"She's calling the moon," Nat said. "What was in that syringe?" Everyone looked away, the light too bright from where you were floating. A heavy gust of wind knocked everyone to the floor. When they all looked up, you had gone.

Screams could be heard from outside the gates. The encampments were under attack. Dreykov's army was in full formation as they marched up in squadrons to attack New Asgard. Dreykov decided on one final push. He was sick of being attacked by the team. It had cost him a valuable lieutenant and some sensitive information regarding his privacy and assets.