Love Like You

Loki was in the middle of his nightly rituals. He had gathered all your belongings into your duffel bag, and every night, he would take it out to remember you. He did not want to forget a single moment. Tala had said to give you time. How much time? He couldn't just turn off his feelings. But looking through your memories had calmed him. It tapered his fixation of you. He started talking to you as if you were there, looking up at the bright moon. It made him feel less alone.

    It had been weeks since you left. Each night, it got harder and harder to hold on to the hope that you were coming back. He didn't receive a word, a text, not even a sign from Tala or anyone else that you had contacted them.

    "I'm sorry."

    Loki looked up suddenly. Was he going crazy? Or did he just...

    "I miss you."

    Yes! He finally did it. He finally went crazy. He's been so obsessed with you that he's starting to hear your voice.

    Your voice. Norns he missed you. He missed your singing. Your quiet giggles when he tried to make you laugh.

    Loki laid back down on his bed and started laughing quietly in his bedroom. If this was the only way he can hear your voice, he would gladly fall into lunacy. He would relish in his insanity if only to hear you again.

    "I want to go home."

    That's when Loki stood up from where he was lying. His face donning a shocked expression. Photographs that were on his lap fell to the floor. This voice is real. It's really her! He thought. There was no time to lose. He was convinced it was you and he would not, could not, wait any longer.

    Loki had used the Bifrost to travel to your home island. Heimdall gave him a brief smile and a nod as he turned his key to send Loki to you. Loki prayed to the fates that your island was really there. Otherwise, he would be dropped in the middle of the Sulu Sea, with no help in sight. He left Val in charge for the time being, and if all goes well. He wouldn't be away for too long.

    Loki fell onto the soft white shore

    Loki fell onto the soft white shore. Sand already making its way into every crevice of his armor and boots. He sent a quick text to Tala telling her that he arrived. Then he started to wander around your island looking for any sign of life. He looked around only to see a corner of a glass and wooden structure off in the distance. The only one he could see. He decided to make his way there and hopefully, he'll run into someone along the way.

    By the looks of the sky, it was early morning. The sun had not risen yet but lingered on the horizon. A cool breeze shook the palm trees, and it carried the smell of tropical fruits and Jasmines. Loki used his seidr and changed from his leather armor to a more breathable attire. As early as the morning was, it was also very stuffy. He wasn't used to the tropical climate.

     He could hear the lapping of the waves breaking onto the beach. He could also hear a cry. Your cry. He followed the sound to an outcrop of rocks facing the ocean. There you were. Sitting on the edge of the shore, looking up at the retreating moon. Loki was reminded of the image from long ago. Of you sitting atop a rock, luring sailors.