War With Heaven

Hours of pacing back and forth in his room did not bring him any closer to finding you. Barnes, Rogers, Wilson, and himself spent the better part of last night searching for you in Norway. But you were nowhere to be found. Unless you had suddenly developed some sort of teleportation magic, no one understood how you managed to leave undetected.

    Loki projected his visage to the tower to look for you in your room. He checked his room. He checked the balcony. He projected himself around New York to your favorite places; Grand Central Station, your favorite bookstore, the café down the street where you and Loki would spend afternoons. Every now and then he would get surprised yells and shrieks at suddenly appearing in front of people. He's sure that the agitated look on his face didn't help his cause either. The only other place he hasn't looked was your home island.

    When he tried to get a hold of Tala and she didn't answer, he started to grow more and more sure that you were there, in Kaluwalhatian. He's never been. No one has, except for a select few of the team. A floating island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean was all he could remember from your memories.

    He really didn't know much about your past. Only the life that you shared this past year with the Avengers. There is no excuse. He felt ashamed that he didn't know you more intimately in other ways that mattered.

    Loki looked at his watch, the Yuletide present you had given him. It's 12:38 in the afternoon. Loki had tried to talk to Thor earlier about setting off to find you. Loki tried to convince him and the others to contact Shang-Chi and maybe he can help Loki get to Kaluwalhatian.

    ~ "Are you sure she wants to be found, brother?" Thor said quietly. "There are a lot of questions I'd like to ask her myself. But she didn't do anything wrong. Other than attack Sgt. Barnes and yourself. But neither of you are willing to hold her accountable. And it seems as though both of you have forgiven her the slight." Loki grew anxious and annoyed. "I worry for her too..."

    "No, you don't! You have no idea what she's been through! What I've seen!" Loki yelled back.

    "Then tell me."

    "It is not my place. I will defend her character before I ever betray it."

    "I promise, brother, I will help you find her. We will not stop until we do. I just want to make sure that you're ready for what you might find. It might not be what you expect." Thor explained. ~

    Loki left without a backward glance. It would do him no good to get on his brother's bad side, much less the team. Loki was going to war with heaven, and he needed all the help he can get.

    He sat alone in his room turning his watch over and over in his hand, feeling the weight of it on his fingertips. He looked around his room. In a span of a few weeks, you had already made it more of a home than he had in the last ten years he's occupied it.

    There were the wildflowers he picked for you in a vase on the writing-table. His love notes to you are wedged in the frame of the vanity mirror. Pictures of the team scattered about, taken from the polaroid camera Natasha and Wanda had given you for Christmas. You had made a life here. Memories.

    You hadn't taken a single item with you when you left. Not even your ring. It was as if you wanted to forget. Wanted to forget him. How could he have been so foolish?

    Knock. Knock. Knock.

    "Come in," Loki said softly. The door opened, and Wanda stepped through, carrying a tray of broth and some bread.

    "I made lunch. Chicken noodle soup. It's probably not as good as May...anyways...I know you haven't eaten much. You need some energy if you're going out to look for...her." Wanda couldn't say your name. She didn't want to hurt Loki any further. She set the tray on the writing desk, next to the flowers.