Chapter 1

I woke up to someone gently shaking my arm. "Paisley wake up. You have school." I heard my brother Steve say. I opened my eyes and stretched before sitting up in bed.

"I'm gonna go make us some breakfast. You get ready for school. Oh and your report card is signed on the counter. You better get some grades up girly or you're grounded." He said and I tiredly nodded.

Steve walked out of my room and I stood up to get ready for the day.

Let me introduce myself. I'm Paisley Elizabeth Randle. I'm sixteen years old and live with my older brother Steve Randle. He's seventeen going on eighteen in two weeks.

My best friends are Johnny Cade, he's sixteen, and Rosalee Curtis, she's fifteen going on sixteen. We've been best friends since we were little kids.

Rosalee has three older brothers. Darry, he's twenty-two. Sodapop, he's seventeen going on eighteen in a month. Finally, Ponyboy, he's fifteen going on sixteen. Ponyboy and Rosalee are twins.

Then there's the other two members of the gang. Two-bit Matthews, he's twenty, and Dallas Winston, he's eighteen. Anyways, back to the story.

I got out of bed and walked over to my closet. I looked through the clothes hanging up and decided on what to wear. I decided on a white t-shirt, ripped jeans, black combat boots, pink and white scarf and my black leather jacket. After getting dressed I brushed my hair and teeth and did my makeup.

I walked downstairs and Steve handed me a plate of scrambled eggs, sausage and toast

I walked downstairs and Steve handed me a plate of scrambled eggs, sausage and toast. We sat down and ate before putting our dishes in the sink and walked out to his car.

On the way to school he gave me a whole lecture about how I needed to get my grades up and stop getting into trouble at school. As he parked in front of the school he put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm serious Paise. No more phone calls from the school this week. Do your work and turn it in. No fights." He said with a serious look.

I nodded my head and grabbed my back. "Okay I promise I'll try to do better." I said and he nodded and kissed my head. "Alright get going before you're late." He smiled.

I got out of the car and walked up to the school. I went inside and headed to my locker to meet up with Johnny and Rosalee. While I waited for them I got the books I needed for first period.

"Hey gorgeous." Johnny said as he and Rosalee walked up. Johnny's called me gorgeous since we were in middle school. Rose keeps saying he likes me but I seriously doubt it.

"Hey Johnny. Hey Rose." I smiled. "How'd Steve react to your grades last night?" Johnny asked. "Not good. He said if I didn't get them up he was going to ground me for a month and a half." I said and Johnny shook his head. "I told you baby girl." He said and smiled. Baby girl is another nickname he gave me.

"I know. He also told me to stay out of trouble and not cause him to get anymore phone calls this week." I said and they both nodded. I shut my locked and we all began walking to our math class. I hate math. I suck at it.

The school day went by in a blur and I got written up for being late. Steve's going be mad at me and I'm probably going to grounded for the next month and a half. It's not my fault that girls have ovaries and deal with periods every month.

Johnny and I walked out of the front doors to the school and started heading home. Rosalee had track with Ponyboy after school today so it was just Johnny and me.

Johnny took my hand in his as we began walking. "Don't stress too much baby girl. It's going to he fine." He said and I sighed. "Steve is going to kill me." I said as we walked down the side walk.

We talked about the homework we had for most of our classes and how Johnny would help me with it. We skipped going to the Curtis house and just went to mine so we could go ahead and start on our homework.

"C'mon lets get started." He said as we walked into my house. We walked into the kitchen and sat at the table to begin working on our math homework.

~~~~ Two Hours Later ~~~~
"Paisley I'm home!" Steve called out. My heart began racing. He has to sign the write up slip that I got today. I looked at Johnny and he squeezed my leg under the table.

"Hey kiddo. Hey Johnny." He said and Johnny waved. "Hey Stevie.." I said quietly. He looked at me confused and then his look turned serious.

"What did you do?" He asked and I sighed and took the write-up slip out of my bag. I handed it to him and he looked at it before setting it down on the table.

"We'll talk later. Johnny are you rating here tonight? You can stay if you want. It's a Friday." Steve said. "No that's okay. I have plans to hangout with Dally tonight. I'm meeting him at the lot." Johnny said as he started putting his books in his bag.

Johnny kissed my head and walked out the door. Before y'all start thinking anything, no he and I are not dating. We're just friends.

I looked down at the tabled and fiddled with my pencil. I didn't wanna look up at Steve. "Paisley Elizabeth Randle what did I tell you this morning?" He said frustratedly.

"Steve I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be late to class I swear. Something just hit me right before that I had to take care of." I said honestly.

"Oh really? What could that be?" He said annoyed. "I started my period okay!" I said frustrated. Steve sighed and eased up a little. "One, lose the attitude and don't raise your voice at me young lady. Two, I'm only grounding you for a week." He said and I nodded.

The rest of the night, Steve helped me finish my homework while he cooked dinner. After that we went to bed.

A/N: Hey guys. I'm trying out a new story idea. Hope you like it.

~Bella