Chapter 17

Paisley's POV

After about two hours of soaking in the bathtub, I decided to get out and get dressed. I drained the water and turned the shower on to get the remaining bubbles off my body. After that I wrapped the towel around my body, blew the candles out and walked out of the bathroom into my room. 

When I walked in, I jumped and placed my hand on my chest while holding the towel up with my other hand. "Shit Dally you scared the hell outta me." I said and he laughed as he turned around. "I was just bringing your clean clothes in here. I don't know where you put them so I was just going to set them on your bed." he said and I nodded with a smile. 

"Thanks Dally. For doing this. It really means a lot to me." I said as I walked closer to him. "I don't mind Paise. You've been stressed out for the past few months and you deserve a break." he said softly. Dally and I were standing really close to each other. A small strand of my hair had fallen to the side of my face and Dally gently pushed it behind my ear and left his hand on my cheek. 

I felt my heart begin to race and I looked away. "I- um- I should get dressed." I said breathlessly. "Right, yeah. You're probably cold after getting out of the warm water." Dally said and started walking out of the room. "Dally," I said and he turned around. "Yeah?" he asked and I bit my lip. "Never mind." I said and he looked at me for a minute and turned around, shutting my bedroom door behind him.

I got dressed and began putting my clothes away. After that I sat on my bed and started reading a book that Ponyboy had given me earlier this week. He said he thought I would like it. It's actually a really good book. It's an old horror story called Children of the Night. 

I must have drifted off to sleep while reading it, because at some point I had woken up to Dally placing the book on the table by my bed and covering me up. "Dally? What time is it?" I asked and he looked at his watch. "Almost 11:30." he said as he began walking towards my door. 

"Dally, don't sleep on the couch. It's not the most comfortable thing to sleep on. You can stay in here." I said and he looked at me with a look that I couldn't explain. "Paise, you're really tired, you don't know what you're saying." he said and I shook my head. "No, I know exactly what I'm saying. I don't want you to sleep on the couch... and I don't want to be alone tonight.." I said and Dally finally gave in. 

He turned the light off and I could hear him moving around in the room for a few minutes before he crawled in bed next to me. I rolled over so that I was facing him and saw that he was already looking at me. "Get some sleep, Paise. You have a big day tomorrow." he said softly. I nodded and closed my eyes. 

That whole night, I felt safer next to Dally than I ever have with Johnny. I don't know why either. It was weird. But Dally was right, I do have a big day tomorrow. Johnny and I are going to the courthouse to talk to the judge and get the divorce approved. 

A/N: short chapter but it was more so for a Dallas and Paisley chapter so you guys could kind of get a good idea about how their relationship is. Let me know in the comments what you think and any questions you might have. If you have any questions I'll try and answer them without giving the storyline away.

~Bella