Chapter 22

Paisley's POV

I woke up to Dally softly kissing my forehead and pushing some fallen hair out of my face. I opened my eyes and smiled sleepily at him. "Good morning beautiful." he said in a raspy morning voice. "Good morning babe." I smiled and scooted closer to his warm body.

"What time is it?" I asked as I nuzzled into his chest. "It's almost 6:45 in the morning. You want me to wake Beth up while you start getting ready for work?" he asked and I nodded. "Yes please." I said softly.

Dally placed another kiss on my head before getting out of bed and putting on pajama pants. He walked out of the room and went to wake Beth up. I lied in bed for a little while longer and then finally got out of bed so I could start getting ready for work.

I got dressed in a knee length black dress and black heels. I walked over to my vanity and started applying foundation, eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss. After that, I brushed my hair out and straightened it. I heard the door open and saw Dally walk in with Beth. "Go lay down on our bed baby." Dally said and I looked at him confused. 

"What's wrong?" I asked as he walked over to me. "Beth doesn't need to go to school today. She's sweating and burning up with a fever. I'm gonna stay home with her today. I'll call Dr. Andrea and see if she can come by and check her out." Dally said and I frowned and walked over to Beth. 

I sat beside her on mine and Dally's bed and pushed her hair away from her eyes. "Baby, why didn't you tell us the truth last night when we asked if you were feeling okay?" I asked her softly and she looked up at me. "I didn't want y'all to worry." she said with a hoarse voice. 

"Baby, we're your mom and dad. It doesn't matter where you go or what you do. We're always going to worry." I said matter-of-factly. She gave me a weak smile and I leaned down and kissed her head. "You're gonna stay home with daddy today. You need to rest." I said and she tried to sit up but failed. "Mom I have to go to school. I have to get caught up with school." she said breathlessly and started coughing. 

Beth rolled over on her other side coughing and I rubbed her back. "Bethany you are staying home from school. I'll get your school work from your teachers and bring it home after work." I said and kissed her head. Once she stopped coughing, I leaned down and gave her a small hug. "I have to get to work, baby girl. I love you." I said softly and kissed her head one more time before standing up.

I walked over to the bedroom door and Dally followed me. We walked down the stairs and over to the front door. Dally helped me slide my jacket on and then handed me my bag and keys. "Don't worry babe. I'll make sure she's okay and I'll call Dr. Andrea. If anything happens I'll call you." he said and pulled me into a hug. 

"Thanks for being here Dally." I said softly. He kissed the top of my head and held me close to him for a few more seconds. "I lo-" he cleared his throat and I looked at him with a confused expression. "I'll always be here, Paise. Get to work baby." he said and pecked my lips. I smiled and turned to walk out the door and felt a small sting on my ass. 

I smiled back at Dally and walked out the front door. I got into my car and headed to work. On the way to work, I kept thinking back to old childhood memories from when the gang was younger. Then I had a flashback to the time that Dally and I had first met when he moved to town.

Flashback to twenty years ago

*Ponyboy and Rosalie~ 9, Paisley and Johnny~ 10, Dallas, Steve and Sodapop~ 12, Two-bit 14, Darry~ 16*

~~~~Third Person~~~~

The young gang of greasers were running around the park playing football and having fun. Well, everyone except Paisley and Rosalie. They guys wouldn't let them play because they didn't want them to get hurt. They were sitting watching their brother and friends playing football when they heard a grunt behind them.