Chapter 36

Four Weeks Later

Bethany's POV

I woke up to a pain in my stomach and ran to the bathroom. I started throwing up and someone came in and held my hair back, rubbing my back. When I was finished, I took a deep breath and flushed. I leaned against the wall and started crying. I couldn't get it out of my head. Walking to the Curtis house. Waking up to my body hurting. Passing out again and waking up in the hospital. 

They told me that I was beaten and raped. No one knows who it was that did this to me and I can't remember anything in between walking to the Curtis house and waking up to see Ponyboy and Steve.

"Shhh, everything is going to be okay, baby. I'm right here." Uncle Steve said, holding me to his chest. "Beth, you need to go to the doctor, baby. Maybe they can tell you why you haven't been feeling well for the past few weeks." he said and I nodded. "I have to get ready for work, baby. Uncle Ponyboy is off today so he can take you to the doctor. Okay?" he said and I nodded. 

"C'mon, let's get you back in bed so you can get some more sleep." he said and I nodded and stood up. Uncle Steve carried me back to my bed and laid me down, covering me up with the blankets. He kissed my head and stood back up. "I'll go call Uncle Ponyboy and let him know what's going on today. You go back to sleep." he said and I nodded.

~~~~Two Hours Later~~~~

"Beth, wake up honey. You gotta get ready to go to the doctor." I heard a soft voice say. I opened my eyes and saw uncle Ponyboy sitting there. I nodded my head and sat up in bed. Uncle Ponyboy walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. I got out of bed and started getting dressed.

I put on a pair of shorts and an Elvis t-shirt. I brushed my hair and put it in a lazy side braid. I slid on my black converse and walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. After that, I walked downstairs and into the living room. 

"You ready, baby?" uncle Ponyboy asked and I nodded. We walked out to his car and got in. I didn't say anything the whole way to the hospital. I actually haven't spoken in four weeks. I have nothing to say. 

When we got to the hospital, uncle Ponyboy saw a nurse and pulled her aside, I guess she was one of the ones that was in my hospital room when I was brought to the hospital. "Follow me honey. We'll get you into a room and I'll get doctor Emberlyn." she said and I nodded, following her into an empty hospital room. 

I sat on the hospital bed and a few minutes later, doctor Emberlyn walked in. "What's going on, Bethany?" she asked and I just shrugged. "Bethany, I know you're scared honey. But I can't help unless you tell me what's going on." she said sweetly and I looked down.

"I can't stop throwing up." I said softly and she nodded. "I'm going to draw a little bit of blood and run a few tests okay?" she said and I nodded. she started prepping to draw blood. She cleaned my arm with an alcohol pad and stuck the needle in, drawing some blood from my vein. "I'll be right back with the test results, okay?" she said and I nodded. I leaned back on the bed and closed my eyes.

After a little while, she came back into the room with a clipboard. She sat down next to me on the bed and sighed softly. "What is it? What's wrong with?" I asked softly. "Bethany, whoever did this to you four weeks ago, honey, they got you pregnant." she said slowly. I didn't say anything. I simply nodded my head and stared at the wall that was across the room. "I'm going to run an ultrasound to make sure that everything is fine with the baby, okay?" she said and nodded.

Two Months Later (I know, I'm sorry). Paisley and Dally are back from their honeymoon. Paisley is 7 1/2 months pregnant. Bethany is almost two months pregnant.

Paisley's POV

"We're home!" I said as Dally and I walked into the Curtis house. Everyone turned and smiled at us, but Bethany stood up and walked through the kitchen and out the back door. I looked around at the gang, confused by what just happened. Gen looked at us sadly and stood up, going after Beth. 

"What was that about?" I asked, confused. "Paisley, Dally, y'all should sit down." Darry said slowly. Dally and I sat on the couch next to Steve, waiting for someone to tell us what was going on. 

"Guys, while you were gone on your honeymoon, something happened to Beth two weeks after." Steve said slowly. I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "She was jumped and raped. The doctor said that they didn't know who did and Beth can't remember. She's got Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She hasn't been handling it too well." Steve said and I didn't say anything, trying to process everything that he just said. 

"I'll go talk to her." Dally said softly, standing up from the couch. "Dally, there's one more thing." Steve said and Dally turned to him, waiting for him to continue. "She's pregnant." Dally's shoulders fell and he nodded, walking out the back door. 

Dally's POV

I walked out the backdoor and Gen looked at me. I nodded my head towards the door and she nodded, standing up from her spot on the steps. I sat next to Beth on the steps and didn't say anything, waiting to see if she would. But she didn't.

"Mom and I aren't mad at you. You had no control over what happened to you, baby." I said and she continued looking towards the back yard. She didn't say anything. I thought of something that I could tell her, to help her talk about what happened. Then I remembered a time that Stephanie had gone through the same thing. 

"Y'know, aunt Stephanie went through the same exact thing when we were kids." I said, Beth turned and looked at me. "We were thirteen. She'd written to me and told me about what happened. She said:

Flashback

I was walking home from the fair the other night. It was dark and I was by myself. I kept feeling like someone was following me, but I never saw anyone. I had just turned back around when my head suddenly started hurting, I was lying on the ground with someone on top of me. They started unzipping my pants and taking them off along with all of my other clothes. They smelled badly of alcohol. It hurt so bad that I made myself blackout. The next thing I remember, I was waking up in the hospital a month later. The doctor told me that I was pregnant. I miscarried last week. Whoever raped me was never found. There were no witnesses around to see it happen. The cops said that without any witnesses and my memory of who it was, there was nothing they could do.

Flashback Over

Bethany looked at me with tears in her eyes. "Was she okay after?" she asked, her voice breaking a little. "She never got over the trauma, but she did get better, especially after she moved here and met uncle Darry. But she carried the trauma with her until the day she died." I said, Beth shook her head. 

"Why did he do that to me? Why did he have to hurt me like that!" she cried and buried her face in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her close. "Because whoever did it, was a sick person baby. But you can get through this. Because you have people all around you that love you and are worried about you. We're all going to be here for you. No matter what happens." I said, running my fingers through her hair.

After she had calmed down, we went back inside and sat around the living room with the gang. Bethany didn't say anything, she just sat on the couch, leaning her head on either mine or Paisley's shoulder.

A/N: okay this is the last chapter that I'm updating for today, hope you enjoy, i know it sucked

~Bella