Chapter 25

Two-bit's POV

"C'mon Ponyboy! Let's go to the drive in like the good ol' days!" I begged. Ponyboy sighed and shook his head. "If I agree to go will you stop begging me?" he asked and I looked at him with a serious expression. "Yes." I said plainly. He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine. But if I end up running away to Windrixeville again, I am never going to another drive in movie EVER again." he said seriously and I nodded. "Deal." He stood up from the couch and we told the others they could come with us if they wanted. They all agreed so we headed to the drive in. 

It was just Ponyboy, Dally, Paisley and me. Everyone else was out doing something. Stephanie had asked Paisley if she could take Beth shopping and Paisley agreed. 

When we got to the drive in, we crawled under the old whole in the fence like the good ol' days. "Man I missed doing this." Dally said and Paisley shook her head and laughed. "It does bring back some memories, doesn't it?" she said and we all laughed and agreed. We walked over to the seats and sat down. "What's playing?" I asked and Ponyboy turned to the screen. 

"Looks like an old Paul Newman movie." he said calmly. Anyone looking at him could tell that he was going to get into the movie. He used to dig Paul Newman back when we were kids. I shook my head and turned to Paisley, nudging her arm and tilting my head towards Ponyboy with a grin on my face. Her and Dally looked at him with a grin and shook their head.

~~~

Somewhere in the middle of the movie, a brunette and redhead sat down in front of us. You could tell they were socs. The more I glanced at them, the more and more they seemed familiar to me. Where have I seen them before? Then it hit me. I nudged Ponyboy and he looked at me confused. I motioned to the two girls in front of us and he looked at them. 

"Hey Cherry, hey Marcia!" he said quietly. The girls turned around and looked at us. "Hey Ponyboy, Two-bit. How've you two been?" Cherry said and Marcia smiled at me. "Hi Two-bit." she said sweetly. I haven't seen her since that night they were trying to get away from their boyfriends. 

"We've been keeping ourselves busy." I grinned. "Hey Two-bit, come with me to get some cokes and popcorn?" Marcia asked and I nodded and stood up. "Y'all want anything?" I asked and the other three gave me some money and told me what they wanted.

Marcia and I walked up to the concession stand and waited in line to get the drinks and popcorn. "Two-bit, can I ask you something?" Marcia asked and I nodded. "Yeah, sure." I said and she looked down for a minute.

"Back when were kids, how come you never called me?" she asked and I looked at her confused. "I had gotten rid of the phone number cause I figured you'd given me a phoney number or something." I said remembering that night. Marcia shook her head. "No, it was really my number. I just thought you never called cause you didn't like me or something." she shrugged. We didn't say anything else. 

I took her hand in mine and she looked up at me. "Trust me Marcia, I like you." I said and she smiled. "You do?" she asked and I nodded. "Yeah, I just couldn't believe that a girl like you would have given me your number when you had a good lookin soc boyfriend." I said truthfully. She blushed and looked at her feet. 

"Maybe we could go and eat together sometime?" I said and she nodded with a smile. "I'd like that Two-bit. Besides, Randy and I broke up ages ago. He's with Cherry now. He's the step father to her's and Bob's kids. Ever since he died in that bad car crash, Randy has been by her side to help her through it. Randy and I broke up back in high school." she explained and I nodded. 

~~~

The rest of the night was spent talking to Cherry and Marcia and watching the movie. When the movie was over, I gave Marcia my number and told her to call me sometime. I gave her my address too and told her she was welcome over anytime she wanted. She gave me her number and address too and told me the same thing. 

The whole soc vs greaser thing has actually died down a lot since the whole stabbing trial, but we still consider ourselves soc or grease. We just don't fight with each other like we used to.

A/N: Okay, I really wanna know your thoughts on this chapter. Let me know what you think about Two and them running into Cherry and Marcia at the drive in.

~Bella