Chapter 18

Johnny's POV

I've been staying at Dally's and Sam's house with Sam. They go to the courthouse in two days to talk to the judge about getting their divorce papers approved. Paisley and I are going today. I know I should feel guilty about what I did, and in a way I do. But for the most part I don't. I still feel like Paisley and Dallas were sneaking around behind our backs this whole time. 

Bethany won't talk to me or Sam anymore. I guess I should have expected that. But I just feel a connection with Sam that I haven't ever felt with Paisley before. I know it sounds stupid but it's true. Ponyboy hardly talks to me anymore. We got into a fight the other day about the whole mess. He told me that I was stupid for hurting Paisley like that and said that she has been nothing but faithful to me. But I just don't believe that she has. 

I got out of bed and walked over to the bag of clothes that I had here with me. I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a nice shirt. "What time is it?" Sam asked as she sat up in bed. "It's almost 10:00." I said as I looked down at my watch. She got out of bed and walked over to me. "I'm gonna go get a shower and get ready for work. Do you wanna meet for lunch today?" she asked and I kissed her and smiled. "Yeah I'll head over to the Dingo at 12:00." I said and smacked her butt as she started walking to the bathroom.

I finished getting dressed and ready to go to the courthouse. I called into the bathroom and let Sam know that I was heading out. After her acknowledgement, I headed down the stairs, grabbed the keys to my car, and headed to the courthouse. 

When I got there and walked in, I saw Paisley standing in the lobby. She was wearing a nice dress and hills. I walked up to her and she looked at me and looked away. "Let's go get this over with. The judge is waiting on us." she said and began walking. I followed her into a room where we would sit down with the judge and talk about the divorce.

We sat down in the chairs in front of the judge and she looked over the divorce papers and then set them down. "So why are y'all here today for a divorce? I need to know the full story of what happened before I can approve or disapprove of it." she explained and Paisley spoke up.

"While my daughter Bethany was gone, after she had run away, I noticed some changes in Johnny after the night she had run away. I shook it off at first because I figured he was upset and needed time for himself to process that she was gone. But as the days went by and turned into weeks and then months, I noticed he seemed to have a different attitude towards me. He hardly talked to me anymore and it got to where he started coming home late at night every night because 'he had to work late'. After Bethany came back, I thought maybe things would get better but they didn't. Bethany's father had been noticing that his wife was pulling away from him and acting strange towards him as well. Well, a few days had gone by after my daughter had returned home and Dallas and I had gone over to our friend's house. One of Dallas' old friends was there and said that the previous night he had seen Dallas' wife and Johnny at Buck's place leaving from upstairs together. No one had seen or heard from Sam or Johnny all day so Dallas and I went to Buck's place and went up to the old room that Dallas stayed in, and we saw them in bed together. I will admit that once Dallas and I had gotten back to the Curtis house, where Sam and Johnny had followed us, I did slap Johnny. But I was just so hurt and so angry that all of that anger and hurt came bursting out of me at the same time and my actions spoke for my brain could process what I did." she explained and the judge looked at me. 

"Johnny is there anything you would like to add to her statement?" she asked and I looked at Paisley, she didn't even bother looking at me. "Everything she said is all true. But I'm still standing by that I believe that her and Dallas have been having an affair for years." I said and Paisley snapped her head over at me. The judge looked at Paisley. "Paisley?" she asked and Paisley, still looking at me spoke up. 

"I have strong allabies that I was not having an affair, Johnathan Cade. Just because Dallas and I hung out a lot as friends does not mean that we were having an affair. And ANY time that he and I hung out in town together, one of our friends was always close behind." she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Johnny if you have no proof that Paisley was having an affair, then I'm afraid I can't put that in this document. You will each have to sign three copies of the divorce paper. Since Dallas is Bethany's father, it is up to Dallas and Paisley whether you get to see her or not." the judge explained and we both nodded. 

"Here's you each, a copy to sign for yourselves, and I will have the third document with both of your signatures for myself as well." She said after signing the three papers. She handed one to Paisley and one to me. We signed them and passed them between each other. After Paisley signed the second one, the judge handed her the third one and she signed it as well. 

"Can I go now? I have to get to work soon." Paisley said as she passed the third copy to me. "Yes Mrs. Cade you can." the judge said and Paisley looked up from folding her signed copy of the document. "Please is there anyway that you can have my last name changed back to my maiden name?" she asked pleadingly. "Yes I can. Your name will officially be changed back to Randle at the end of this week." the judge said and Paisley smiled and walked out of the room. I handed the third copy back to the judge, saying thank you, and leaving the room.

I caught up to Paisley and I grabbed her hand. She turned around and pulled it away real fast. "Do not grab my hand like that. Better yet just stay away from Johnathan Andrew Cade." she said and fastly walked out of the courthouse.

A/N: So this chapter was either really boring, or really sad. either way it had to be put there. I'm not going to put a chapter in about how Dallas' and Sam's divorce in it because it basically goes down like Johnny and Paisley's did, give or take a few details. ANYWAYS! See you in the next chapter. I don't know how many more chapters I'm going to do of this book so I hope you enjoy it while it lasts.

~Bella