Chapter 9:would rather marry a merchant

After going out Gu Li-juan process the new batch of spices,she was obviously very happy!

While eating dinner,Gu Minzhe suddenly ask

"Li-juan,if you can choose a man to marry what kind of a person do you like?"

Gu Li-juan gently put down her chopstick and answer calmly

"Since ancient times,it was always the elders who decide the younger generations marriage!firstly because elders know what will be the most suitble for the younger ones and secondly younger generations are naive"

Gu Minzhe and the rest laugh but Gu Minzhe ask again

"I want your real idea"

Gu Li-juan pout and Fen Fu Chen flash in her mind

"If this daughter will given a chance to choose,this daughter would rather choose a merchant,but this daughter knows it is impossible"

Hu Ning look at her and ask

"Why merchant?"

Gu Li-juan giggle

"No one would dare to belittle this daughter in the merchant's house!whatever they want to do they need to think a lot more!this daughter wont be bullied in a merchant household!"

The Gu couple look at each other and sigh,

Gu Li-juan just smile. but deep within she knows that,that was she really like!.

Gu Minzhe and Hu Ning talk after the meal

"What do you think of Li-juan suggestion?"

Hu Ning ask worriedly,Gu Minzhe sigh

"The Gus are loyal to the monarch but we cannot call anymore attention from the higher!i found out that the He family is secretly from the empress side,when the man from up there heard that we are supposed to have an engagement from He family he started to doubt us"

Hu Ning sigh,that He family is really full of trouble!

"So i think its best to really marry Li-juan to no title but rich,and merchants are the only commoner who has money"

Gu Minzhe said and add

"Li-juan will die if she muddle on shallow water of palace fight,we have to find the suitable partner for her before someone from there can!"

Hu Ning agree!Gu Li-juan will certainly die if she enter the palace!

Then she remember something

"What about the merchant earlier?"

"No!"

He said abruptly then add

"I have a bad feeling about him!my instinct is telling me that he is not just a normal merchant"

Hu Ning nod

"Then what is master's plan?"

"For now let us search to more suitable person,soon as possible".

Gu Li-juan didnt know that her future husband will be settled but all she knew that she is too bored!

She stand up and look intently and Huahua

"Miss whatever you are thinking please stop"

She said unhurriedly like she already know her lady's thinking

"I wont cause trouble!"

"Miss,what you are thinking now is already a trouble!"

Gu Li-juan squint her eyes and a sudden idea came

"Then what about a pageboy uniform?"

Huahua stop what she was doing and ask

"Huahua seems to dont understand what young miss is saying?"

"I will disguise myself okay?you put some powder on me and make sure i wont be recognize by anyone!"

"Young miss!that is simple preposterous!"

Gu Li-juan laugh

"Its settled then!"

"Miss i beg of you!"

"If you wont tell anyone no one will know!Baihe!get me 2 pageboy uniforms!the unused one!do it secretly okay?the other one is for me and Linhua becasue among you she is faster!and i can only bring one so i wont call any attention and you guys stay here so if ever someone ask for me the 3 of is here so no on will suspect anything"

After saying that Baihe can only sigh and follow,Huahua still tried to convince her but she didnt change her mind!

After 1 hour an unassuming two pageboy came out of the Gu manor.

Then enter an Inn,then after two 'young men' came out wearing commoners clothing.

Gu Li-juan has also holding a hand fan,so although her clothing is ordinary but her bearing is standing out so a lot of young ladie's are looking at her secretly.

Linhua is nevous but still do her job properly,she is amazed by her young miss disguise!

They only draw a thicker eyebrows on her then put a slightly darker powder on her face,but the effect was huge!

But she is sure how her young miss behave is the biggest factor in her disguise!.

Gu Li-juan is looking around excitedly!

It was the first time she can truly say that she walked on that street!

She come in there for how many times now but she cant look around like a country bumpkin like she was doing right now!

As a daughter from a Duke house hold she must walk straight ahead!

When she first came there she felt like her neck will give away anytime soon because of that behaviour but later on,she realized that the original Gu Li-juan was already used to it.