Chapter 23:your daughter's hand in marriage

"Feng Fu Chen!thank you for saving this Duke's precious daughter!tell this duke what would you like as a repayment"

Feng Fu Chen drank his tea slowly before saying

"Feng Fu Chen would like to marry the Duke Gu's precious youngest daughter,Gu Li-juan!"

Gu Minzhe hand shook and his eyes ablaze he was about to cut the impudent man but his next words shut him up

"But before Duke Gu answer why not we ask the two assailants?"

Gu Minzhe froze and stood up,Feng Fu Chen chuckle and follow along.

The two assialants was shaking hard when they was brought in an undergound house!

They didnt know that they would have to attack a girl from a duke's house!

They are looking at each other asking with a panick and fear in each other's eyes!.

Gu Minzhe and Feng Fu Chen with Zhangzhen An.

When the two saw someone enter they shake more.!

Then without any questions they knelt down and started bawling while explaining.

They are just two normal thugs!a girl come to them asking them to attack another girl,they asked who it is but she said it was only an ordinary girl they will attack!

They asked who it was but they said that they didnt know!

Then the other one had a plan

"Duke she said she will pay the remaining after we are done!"

Gu Minzhe nod getting what he meant in exchanged of their lives.

So the Duke's people secretly brought the two men in where they will meet the mastermimd.

After half an hour 2 person came wearing a huge coat with hood covering themselves from head to toe.

"We did as you ask!you should give us more!"

"Why should o give you more?"

The woman's voice rang out

"You didnt tell us that we will attack a duke's daughter!and not only any other!it was even youngest daughter of duke Gu?"

The woman was silent for a while and finally say

"I dont have extra money to give you!"

The thug chuckle

"Then we will have no choice!we will talk to the duke and tell everything!"

The woman was shaken

"You useless people!okay i will give you!tomorow!"

"You think we are a child?we dont give us more we will surely tattle it all to the duke!and of the empress will to hear that her niece mess with the duke's daughter?"

Yu Wei froze,she didnt know that she will be recognized!

"Dont!i will give you more!i swear!"

The thug snort

"You will surely run away!give something!proof!that you owe us something!"

Yu Wei grit her teeth and shakily gave them her jade pendant

"Hold onto this for now!i will surely take it tomorow!"

The thugs took the pendant and the payment and left.

Yu Wei bit her lip hard

"Miss what can we do?we cannot let them hold onto your jade pendant!it can ruin your reputation!"

Yu Wei glare at her handmaid

"SHUT UP!do you think i have a choice?if only the people around me are usefull you think i will have to do this?"

The maidservant kneeled and beg for mercy while crying!

Yu Wei just by pass her and left angrly!

But remembering what happen to Gu Li-juan her anger disappear!

She will surely spread the news tomorow!

Even if the Duke will hide it there will be surely proof!.

When the duke heard what happen he directly ask Feng Fu Chen about it

"Did you already know that it was the empress niece?"

Feng Fu Chen laugh

"It was only my speculation!after all i was there when your lovely daughter crushed that girl unknowingly!"

Gu Minzhe's lips twitch,it was only a few hours but this audacious man are starting to talk to him informaly!

"We will talk again tomorow!"

Feng Fu Chen stand up

"I shall await to the Duke's gold news!"

"This duke wont decide it!it was still my daughter who will choose!"

Feng Fu Chen laugh

"Then its settled!your lovely daughter will engaged to me!"

Gu Minzhe wanted to brandish his sword and cut the head of this insolent fool!

But he saved his daughter so he wont kill him but he bet he will kill this bastard sooner or later!

Yu Kang was clueless what was foolish sister made but if only he knew maybe he could still have a chance to help and save her but he found out already too late!

Yu Wei didnt personally come back and just let her maid servant go.

The maid servant waited for 2 hours but the two thugs didnt come.

"Miss what can we do?!what would that two will do to your pendant?"

Yu Wei was already panicking!she cannot loose that jade pendant!

While shaking and panicking she was called out by the empress.