Chapter 28:grand scheme

The empress wants to send Gu Li-juan's doom using a marriage because for revenge and the crown prince use this to bring down the Gu household!

If they succeded on sending her to the marquis they wanted the Gu will surely fight and will not allow it!

So the emperor will question their loyalty and all!

This was supposed to be their grand scheme!.

The crown prince grit his teeth!the whole capital already know that Gu Li-juan and Feng Fu Chen's closeness!

And he is not stupid enough to send someone to kill Feng Fu Chen!

The first suspect will be him or his mother!

He punch his table in anger!this Gu house is really pain!

If the Gu is not a threat to his crown then he wont have rack his brain to bring them down but they are holding a significant power!

He grit his teeth and try to calm himself!

He still had time!they are only getting engage and if he cant use the youngest who was supposed to be his shortcut then use the sons!.

Gu Li-juan was listening to her parents about the auspicious time after her birthday.

They decided that they will marry her off after her 15th birth day,

Her birthday is 8th of the second month!

The auspicious time they choose is 8th of the 3rd month!

So in 6 months she will get marry!

She sigh,she is only baby!on modern time at the age of 15 she is only sophomore in high school!

But in here?she is already about to get married?!

When Gu Li-juan and Feng Fu Chen left alone he ask

"What's wrong?"

Gu Li-juan sigh

"The weather ia changing fast!"

Feng Fu Chen chuckle

"Are saying that you cannot wait on marrying me?"

Gu Li-juan shake her head

"I'm saying i am not ready to get married"

Feng Fu Chen already know that she will say like that so he just laugh,anyway the wedding is already set!

After he sent the betrothal gift tomorow the whole country will know that the wedding is settled.

Rows of rows of rows carriage full of betrothal gifts.

Gu Li-juan's jaw almost fell,she subtly come to Feng Fu Chen and whisper

"Are you a poor ghost now?"

Feng Fu Chen laugh

"Of course not!do you think that i will let you be a poor ghost wife?"

Gu Li-juan nod in approval

"Its good that you think like that"

Feng Fu Chen laugh again at her cheeky appearance,

The onlookers was already used to their sweet gestures so their focus on the betrothal gift.

Not far away Xungyin Nuwa was watching the bustling,

She laugh inwardly,it seems that this Gu Li-juan is stupid!

From a duke's daughter to a commoners wife!

Although Feng Fu Chen is widely known as being rich and handsome but commoner is still commoner!

She smile maliciously,once Gu Li-juan married she will be a commoner so she cant oppress her anymore!

The payment will soon be collect!.

The envoy of neighboring country is coming.

The empress plan everything perfectly,from welcoming them from the border to arranging the palace for their lodging,to the welcome party and who will entertain them while they are still here.

Of course the empress use all her people for this job,the crown prince will just escort them and he is responsible for their safety.

When they enter the capital the empress made a huge fanfare for them,the envoy consist of 3 distiguish guests the 4th princess the 3rd prince and a general.

Gu Li-juan didnt even look at the bustling fanfare,

She is not interested at all!she is being petty doesnt like to support the empress!

But she knows that for now she can choose not to go!but not later on!

She hope that the empress will not name her specially in the invitation she will send later.

Anyway if the empress insist for her to come she has a lot of way to be excuse!

She really dont like those huge scale palace parties because she knows it will be huge scale palace fight!

There will be a lot of various confrontations and hidden knives on those hypocrisies smiles!

That is why she is really greatful to Feng Fu Chen!he saved her to this kind of life!

Of course she knows that once she is married to him her title as the duke's daughter will be remove and will change as merchant's wife.

That what her aim from the beginning!

Although the real Gu Li-juan is already trained to smile at all time but she is not!

If fight,then fight!why do i have to smile while you are mocking me under those words of yours?

Why do i have to laugh like a fool even though i am being insulted?

Why do i have to smile at you sweetly when i want to kill you badly?.