chapter 58:the female lead's return with a bang

The 100 days birth celebration of Gu Dishi was successful and surprisingly it was not used to put the Gu family in their sides.

After 3 days of returning in the capital Gu Li-juan recieved an invitation to a tea party from noble emperial concubine Guang.

Gu Li-juan didnt directly reply and wait for Feng Fu Chen's opinion

"You can come and consider this as greeting to an elder,she was really thankful to you for saving her daughter."

Gu Li-juan nod,she also want to hear a news about the 7th princess.

When its time to the party Gu Li-juan went to the palace earlier to first visit the noble emperial concubine.

When she heard that Gu Li-juan has come to greet her she hurriedly invite her in

"This commoner greets noble emperial concubine"

The woman from the harem smile kindly at her

"You are obviously a noble lady!how come its commoner?"

Gu Li-juan smile and explain

"Li-juan's husband is a merchant so Li-juan is a merchant's wife"

"That is right!you marry chicken you follow a chicken,you marry a dog you follow a dog"

Gu Lj-juan smile again and offer her gifts

"Your majesty this is what Li-juan
Personally made,please accept"

Concubine Guang signal her servant and took the gift

"I personally like your snacks!i am always sending someone to buy from your cake shop"

Gu Li-juan's eyes brighten

"Thanks for her majesty's patronage!"

When concubine Guang saw the pastry she was confuse

"This is different"

Gu Li-juan laugh,she made cream puff with different fillings and its not yet out to her stores.

"Li-juan is planning to sell it later,this dessert has different fillings on it"

Concubine Guang look closely and smile

"You are right!should i be proud that i have the honor to try this?"

Gu Li-juan laugh

"It was also the 7th princess who first tried my cupcakes and they were accepted well!Li-juan think that the mother will be more powerful!"

Concubine Guang laugh,

"Yes!yes!i am more lucky than my daughter so dont worry!this will sell more than hers!"

Gu Li-juan giggles!this noble emperial concubine is kind like her daughter!

When the the tea party is about to begin,Gu Li-juan decide to leave her palace and go to the garden.

When she arrive at the venue the some of the guests already arrived.

They greeted her and start chatting with her,specially about her cake shop!

"Is madame Feng Fu will open more shops in the future?my father ask if its possible to open more in his territory!"

"Yes my father asked as well!"

While they are talking about someone come,Gu Li-juan was shock when she saw who it is

"Noble lady was away from the capital for 3 years so you probably didnt know that miss Xungyin was now part of the 8th prince harem!"

Gu Li-juan eyes widen and ask

"Main wife?"

The lady shook her head

"Concubine,title beauty!"

Gu Li-juan tilt her head,is the 8th prince the male lead?

Beauty?5th rank title?and if she remember correctly meiren is only for the lower ranked family?but Xungyin is  baron's daughter though?

Urgh!harem is really too complicated for her.

When Xungyin Nuwa heard that the emperial noble concubine invited Gu Li-juan to her tea party she hurriedly dressed up and want to show off!

For her Gu Li-juan is her biggest enemy!if not for her she wouldnt have hard time!

But anyway she is the 8th prince concubine now and she?a commoner!a merchant's wife!

She didnt even know why she still this previlege to attend a royal's tea party!

But its fine as well because she can show off!she can show her how high she is standing now!and once the 8th prince become the crown prince she can stand higher!

So with her gergous palace dress she come to the emperial noble concubine's tea party.

When the ladies saw her they stand up to greet,Gu Li-juan doesnt need to do that,after all her rank is higher than her but she still do anyway.

Xungyin Nuwa smile at the ladies and sat down,and said

"Isnt this madam Feng Fu?"

Gu Li-juan smile and sat down,

"BOLD!"

Gu Li-juan eyes widen and look at Xungyin Nuwa's palace maid

"Concubine Xingyu hasnt even let you sit yet!you commoner dare to disrespect the prince concubine?"

Gu Li-juan was dumbfounded and look around,the noble daughters didnt know what to say and how they will react.

Gu Li-juan sigh,this Xungyin Nuwa is making trouble again.

"L-l-li-juan is not being disrespectful,but may i ask this servant a bold question?"

The palace maid just look at her with her chin up,so she continue