I'll Always Have You

"To live, you have to know that you're really alive

"To live, you have to know that you're really alive."

We sat there for a moment before he had to go back home and so did I.

What I didn't tell him, was that I spend most of my time by the ocean, because it's all I really have. My dad left a while ago when I was 10, I don't know why or where at the time, he just packed up one night and left. Not even glancing back to say goodbye.

Oh, how I wish he said goodbye.
I went home that night to an empty house once again. I do still have my mom, but she's the type of person who would go out every chance she got to go hook up with guys or girls. She didn't really care.

She never really cared, not about me, or about my dad.

I signed, dropping my picnic basket on the marble countertop, I headed upstairs to where my bedroom is located.

My sweet, amazing, comfortable bedroom.

So people hate to be in their bedroom all day. With me, I could practically live in my bedroom. I do practically live here.

There are two places I go, or more three, but the first two are places I like to be. Number one is by the ocean, of course, number two is in my bedroom, and three is my job.

It's summer right now so I don't have a bunch of shifts. I work at the local grocery store. I would much rather work at a library or at the coffee shop down the block believe me, but when I applied the coffee shop owner said they couldn't hire me and the library told me I could volunteer, but they already had enough people. So I went to the only place in this town that always has a wanted sign-up.

The local grocery store.

Don't get me wrong I am grateful to even have a job, but I was hoping for one where I wouldn't have to bag up people's groceries or stack cans of beans on shelves too tall for me to even reach.

My coworkers aren't any better. I'm not friends with any of my co-workers, I've only really talked to one person, and that's Sally, she's the manager, and man is she strict.

One time I misplaced a ghost pepper with a regular hot one. She got so mad she yelled at me that if I were to mess up again I would be fired.

How was I supposed to know the difference? They looked the same to me.

I was sprawled on my bed when a small knock on my door was heard. I got up wondering who was at my door at this time, it was like 8 pm. It couldn't possibly be my mom, she was still at the bar, and even so, she had a key to the house.