Parking lot

"Thats the thing about life, you need to enjoy it while it's still here

"Thats the thing about life, you need to enjoy it while it's still here."

My face hurts from how long it's been in complete shock. I am standing here outside my door, looking at my best friend. Ronny. "Girl stop looking at me like you just witnessed the titanic sink and give me a hug!" Ronny says and brings her arms out to give me a hug. I stand there still in shock, Ronny doesn't care and still brings me into a one sided hug. "What are you doing here?" I question. Ronny's smile fades. "Obviously to see my best friend! Where else would I be spending New Years?" Her smile returns and I smile back at her. Tears well in my eyes and I grab her arm and bring her into a hug. This time a two sided hug. I squezze my best friend so tight, like it will be the last hug I ever give her. Ronny and I are both crying now. So many emotions are going through me right. I'm confused, yet happy, yet sad, because I know I'm going to have to say goodbye again. "So what's been going on?!" I ask excitingly as I pull her into the house. I sit down on the couch while Ronny sits on the table. "Schools going great and I have made so many great friends. Although they aren't you. Did you get my christmas card?!" Ronny excalimed. I did in fact get her card. It was of her and the clay bunny we had made as childern. I cried about it for a bit. "Yeah I did. I'm so happy you've been doing great." I say. Ronny frowns. She always knows when I'm feeling down about something. Even when I think I don't show it. "Whats wrong Bri?" She sites down next to me and wraps me in another hug. I lean my head on her shoulder. I sign. "I just wish I was as good at making friends as you are. I have gone through this entire semester all on my own. Yeah I talk to some people, and say hey to them, and sometimes me and some ohter people will go out for coffee, but it's not the same as actually having a friend. Its not the same without you." Ronny's rubbing my hair. "Hey I know what will make you feel better." She says and gets up from the couch. I groan, theres no way this is going to be good. "On my way into town I saw that they were opening up a new night club. I think that would be a great way to meet people!" Ronny sounds so excited. We've never really done the night club or drinking or going out every night kinda thing. So instead of trying to convince her to stay inside and watch movies, I agree. "YES!" Ronny jumps up and down and then onto the couch. She plops down next to me. "Okay first things first we gotta find you something cute to wear! New Years only comes once every year!" I smile. I love it when Ronny gets excited about things. It makes me feel like I'm not a failure at being her friend. Like maybe I'm actually doing something right for once.

| <3 |

"Ronny?" I say. "Hmm?" She replies. "What the flip is this?" I turn to look at her and to allow her to see what the frick she thought looked so 'amazing'. Her words not mine. "Whats wrong with it? You look amazing!" I stare at her dead in the eyes. "I look like a spakrly log." I'm wearing a red sparkly dress with black heels. "You do not!" Ronny stands up with her brows furred. "I do too." Ronny crosses her arms and rolls her eyes. "Your just being dramatic. Now lets go, or were gonna get stuck in the long line that is torture for your feet." She looks down at my feet, which are in 3 inch heels. I look back up at her. "If I break my foot, your taking me to the hosptital." I point at her accusingly. She puts her hands up in surrender. "Okay fine." I smile. "Lets go then."